“Great service!”

US$149.00*
and up
Waverunner Tour of La Jolla Coastline
More attraction details
Owner description: Seaforth Boat Rental is San Diego's premier boat rental and yacht charter facility. With everything from Jet Skis, small sailboats and powerboats, to luxury sailing and motor yachts, Seaforth is sure to have the right boating experience for you. Book a sunset Sail, skippered charter, boat ride or a Jet Ski Tour, or cruise around the bay on your own. We have four full-time locations covering both bays, and all experience levels are welcome!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage
San Francisco, California
“Great service!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My service started when I called from SF, talking with Jen, helping me with a sort of late bareboat charter reservation during a holiday week. This was a "bucket list" event for my ailing mom, so it was kind of a big deal for us. Got the Catalina 35' I was hoping for out of Harbor Island...a good location with plenty of parking on a Wednesday...which worked just fine for us.

The staff there, Matt, was terrific! After doing the paperwork, I appreciated the sharing the local knowledge and answering my questions, since I've never sailed in San Diego Harbor. He was mellow, nice and extremely helpful...especially when helping get my mom onboard and off. Though I'm an experienced big boat skipper, I loved the service of casting us off the dock...I'm used to managing all of that myself and giving direction to crew, but was great having help ashore! We just had to call as we headed in and he came in to meet us at a mid-day stop to pick up some more guests...right when he had some half-day renters checking in for their boats. He provided us great service and was nice to work with. The boat was clean and in decent shape, I had no complaints about the boat. Though it caused us no problems, we did notice the main halyard fraying. I brought to his attention at the end of the day, for which he was most appreciative that I pointed it out and agreed that it was a necessary repair he'd have to make.

At the end of the day, my mom got her time on the helm after enjoying herself all day...a complete experience. It was great for our family and lots of fun. The wind was a little less than cooperative, but we moved, so that was okay...just exercising a little more patience than having to deal with the 20kts I'm used to in San Francisco Bay!

My experience with Seaforth was great and I will totally use them again next time I find myself needing a sail in San Diego!

San Diego, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Very fun 2 hour tour of La Jolla on Jet Skis!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I found this place via a deal on Groupon. My friend and I had an awesome time on May 24th riding on Jet Skis from Mission Bay to La Jolla. Our tour guide, Jordan, did a great job keeping the group together and safe. The best thing that happened on our tour was a surprise encounter of a school of dolphins. They swam beside and under us! We also saw several seals too. I highly recommend renting a wetsuit for $5. You will get soaked and the water is cold! Don't forget to bring a fully charged waterproof camera. My camera was dead. :-/ There are lockers for rent but we just left our belongings in the car.

Tucson, Arizona
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Fun day sailing on SD Bay”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We sailed the Hunter 36 from the Coronado location. Boat was in excellent shape and very clean. The crew was extremely helpful, good service. Been chartering from this organization for 20 years, everything works well except the online reservation system is usually a challenge.

1 Thank wfatom
San Diego, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“DO NOT RENT A BOAT HERE.”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Do Not Rent a Boat here!

First we called on a to check and make sure the boat we wanted was available. They said yes...not a surprise it was a late Tuesday afternoon.

We get there and ask for the 26 ft boat. They say nope, we don't have that here. Then I ask for the 31 ft boat, nope we don't have that here either. I called 2 hours ago and you said you did. "Nope".

Fine I'll take the small one you have, the hurricane. We walk to the dock, and BOTH the 26 ft and the 31 ft are right there. He said they weren't their boats...REALLY cause your name is on it! I can't believe they just lie like that. Do you not see your name on the side of the boat?

The boat we got was old and beat to crap. None of the gauges work, yea I "you have enough gas"....really, how would I know? The gauge doesn't work. None of the lights work. I've been boating for 40 years (literally) and have never been on a boat that torn up or that UNSAFE.

The inside of the boat looked like 17 mountain lions got in a scratching fight with the seat cushions--guess who won? And the engine was so loud you couldn't hear the person next to you talking.

This was an awful experience.

AGAIN...DO NOT RENT A BOAT HERE.

2 Thank mqross
Dallas, Texas
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“sunset cruise”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We bought the sunset cruise groupon and we got more than we ever dreamed of. The sunset was spectacular but we also saw dolphins and a whale with her baby! Awesome staff! Highly recommend this company! Easy parking too!

Visited February 2014