“Awesome!”

Rancho Bernardo Inn
Ranked #28 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 23 October 2011

My fiancee and I recently attended a "Beer Vs. Wine" dinner at Rancho Bernardo Inn's El Bizcocho restaurant and decided to show up in the early afternoon and check out the grounds of this "legendary inn", needless to say this place was pure magic! Friendly staff like no other place. We are used to staying at 5 star resorts, Ritz, Montage ect... yet Rancho Bernardo Inn has the elusive quality of authenticity that so many places lack. Our dinner was in a word Incredible, hosted by a number of truly entertaining guests (wine and beer people) not to mention the star of the night the Chef who had us rolling on the floor laughing, and stunned by the quality of the food! We will most certainly recommend this place to all of our discerning L.A. friends!

Reviewed 19 October 2011

We stayed 2 nights. First night we bought the dinner package and the for second night the unlimited golf package. RBI turned out to be a great value!!! We did not leave the property our entire stay. The food was amazing! The service was exceptional. Staff members are helpful and very friendly. Everyone went out of their way to make sure we taken care of. The property is beautiful and well maintained. The rooms are spacious and relaxing. It was a perfect weekend. We didn't want to leave. :)

Reviewed 19 October 2011

In San Diego for a big family party at Rancho Bernardo Inn. We found the the place comfortable, beautiful, and filled with amenities. The food is quite good, the staff friendly and helpful. And there's not much that beats the beauty of the area. Even though I don't golf, it was a extremely nice experience.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2011

My boyfriend surprised me for my birthday and it was one of the most romantic nights. The room was probably the nicest I've ever stay in. We had a delicious dinner out on the patio at the Veranda surrounded by fire places and romantic lit lanterns. The next day we played tennis, had a couples massage in the outdoor cabana and finished the day poolside for lunch. The property is absolutely peaceful and breathtaking. The grounds are kept so nice and staff is extremely friendly. I've been to RBI quite a few times, but never stayed the night and my expectations were exceeded. I will definitely stay here again for a weekend getaway and highly recommend it for out of town guests.

Room Tip: ask for the top floor, the vaulted ceilings are amazing.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2011

The staff, facilities, as well as the golf course make staying at the resort a special place where you can park your car and not have to leave for a few days.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a girl's getaway during a recent weekend and had such an amazing time! The rooms were spacious and beautiful and the staff were wonderfully helpful. We did different kinds of spa treatments and lounged by the beautiful spa pool. I loved all the private courtyard areas within the hotel so much I think I will recommend this place for anyone I know planning a wedding.

I live in San Diego but I cannot wait to go back to the Rancho Bernardo Inn for a mini vacation!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2011

It has big sprawling grounds and a fun golf course. Friendly staff. Our room had a nice standup shower, seperate tub, comfy king bed and great views of the golf course.The only downside to it is an older designed property and if someone was in a wheelchair it may be difficult to get around. My only complaint is that the AC is room 729 was also very weak.

Room Tip: Get a room in the building down from the lobby that sits on the first hole of the golf course. The r...
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Diego
Downtown
The US Grant
The US Grant
#45 of 278 in San Diego

Been to Rancho Bernardo Inn? Share your experiences!