“Great Stay and Play package for a girls get away”

Rancho Bernardo Inn
Ranked #21 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Property is so beautiful! Every detail, landscape, architecture, & scenery. Was taken by iron details, fireplaces, cozy sitting areas, and a puzzle you can sit with a glass of wine and work on. From the valet, front desk, restaurant staff, and housekeeping we were treated so special! My girlfriends thought I had "asked" for special attention. We were given complimentary welcome cocktails, and our rate was fantastic!

• Stayed: May 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (2,096)

Reviewed 7 May 2012

We love our stay at Rancho Bernardo Inn. We typically stay at the Glorietta Bay in Coronado, but decided to do something a little different this time. The hotel is beautiful. It is old Spanish/Hacienda style hotel. Our room was great. We also drove around Rancho Bernardo and ate at various local restaurants. We played golf and the golf course is truly amazing and only 1 mile away from the Rancho Bernardo Winery. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Visit the Rancho Bernardo Winery. The farmer's market on Friday is nice and the wine is good...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2012

The resort grounds are beautiful and well maintained. All staff were extremely friendly and go out of there way to make you feel welcome. Can't wait to visit again!

Reviewed 6 May 2012

I have stayed at plenty of hotels, but this one stands out in my mind. The grounds are amazingly beautiful. There are fountains, flowers, and views of rolling hills all around. The hotel has an old feel to it, in the best way possible: Lit fireplaces in the common areas, live music, and antique furniture. No wonder there are constant weddings and events held here. The breakfast is the BEST breakfast I have ever had at a hotel. And I never say that. The rooms are simple, yet modern and clean. The customer service cannot be beat. With free parking and a tucked-away location, I wouldn't stay anywhere else when I am in the San Diego area.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor so you dont have upstairs neighbors.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

Upon our arrival at 6pm, our room wasn't ready. They tried to compensate with a free drink. When we did make it to the room, it was terribly hot and stuffy. The AC could not handle the demand. After we started sweating, we called for service. The location is nice and the place has potential.

• Stayed: May 2012
RBINN, General Manager at Rancho Bernardo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Mr. Loera, I'm very sorry that your experience at the Rancho Bernardo Inn did not exceed your expectations. My assistant will be in contact with you to restore your faith in our resort.

John Gates

Reviewed 5 May 2012

I was trying to look for a nice place to stay after or wedding night so I called this hotel first, they were booked on our wedding night, but the following night was open so I decided to book that night instead. The lady on the phone gave us a free room upgrade to the "Premium Resort King Golf View" because we were celebrating our wedding.

I thought the hotel room was very clean and the room was big and comfortable. The staff was my favorite part of the stay as everyone was so helpful. We left our room during the early evening at one point and when we returned to the room they had left us complementary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries with a congratulations card.

I did not get the chance to try the spa or the restaurant during our stay, but when we go back I will definitely need to get a massage!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I stayed at the Rancho Bernardo Inn for most of a week, my first time visit. I travel frequently for work so I have stayed at many top hotels and resorts frequently (as a top Marriott / Starwood rewards member), but Rancho Bernardo Inn stands out in my mind as one of the top places I have had the pleasure to stay at.

The lobby area is very cozy and quaint, and the rooms are simply stunning. There are plenty of marble counter tops and great wood shutters, all the better to enjoy the very cozy room or to open up and enjoy the stunning views of the golf course. I telecommute for work so I needed a high speed internet connection to attend remote webex meetings and phone calls. The internet connection is blazingly fast, far faster than my Marriott / Westin hotels I frequent.

The staff is second to none. Everyone is so friendly and warm, and every where I walked (all over the property), I felt completely at home, with all of my needs and wants met.

I also enjoyed the spa facilities, and I did not want to leave the facilities at the end of the day. The spa staff is fantastic, and they really made sure I had every need met. Not only did I enjoy the deep tissue massage, but I also loved the indoor and outdoor jacuzzi and pool areas as well.

This was my first stay at RBI, and I really didn't know what to expect since it's so unique and different from my usual Marriott / Starwood stays. Simply put the staff, the hotel, the golf course and scenery, the food, the spa blew me away. I loved my stay so much I was actually very sad to leave and check out. I will definitely be back and would highly recommend this resort to any of my friends / family for a relaxing week / weekend, or for business meetings / work.

If you are looking to stay here, take it from a top road-warrior, I love this property, and so will you.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent, but I particularly enjoyed the golf course views, but there are no bad...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business