It is not a coastal front property. It does not havethat idyllic scenic views from your guest room. Nor is it convenient to get to. But what Rancho Bernardo Inn does have is its sense of presence. It is surrounded by a park-like setting all thanks to a challenging golf course; artful aesthetics…beautiful fountains…manicured landscapes; a true getaway and a unique place for inspiration, which is what I was seeking to host a 3-day business conference.
Many have told me great things about this resort. My visit on March 22, I too discovered what others have shared, that Rancho Bernardo Inn is beautiful. It’s located at about a good 40 minute drive from the San Diego airport; however that was through uncongested traffic, 30 minutes north to the Wild Animal Park, and about 30 minutes west to the coast line. The resort sits on many acres that are easy to navigate. The facilities are not too far to get to and all with the presence of privacy even when the Inn is bustling.
Registration was extremely efficient. Every hotel staff member I met was happy to help. Most of the rooms here are called guest room category with views of a pool, resort walkways or a courtyard. I was assigned room #610 which is the next category up, an executive deluxe room -- more spacious and well-appointed featuring a patio walkout with views of the golf course’s lush fairways and a convenient walk to the Inn’s lovely spa and its outdoor pools. However, I noticed that all the rooms are in muted colors and lacked lack the details when it comes to maintaining like finding black marks on the walls and the dated bathroom fixtures.
The spa may have many treatment rooms, but the facility is smaller than other resort spas I’ve been to in the area, like their co-ed relaxation room which only has upright chairs…not much of relaxation. I found more comfort at the spas outdoor hot tub area. I did have time to get a facial and the service was delightful – no complaints on style or products used. During my stay a golf tournament was taking place, hosted by a local company. Although I am not a golfer, I can see that the participants were pleased and excited to play their round! And I like that this Inn had two large pool areas; one for adults only and the other for families.
Breakfast alfresco! My favorite! I enjoyed a yummy traditional American breakfast sitting at the patio of their Veranda Restaurant; the Inn’s main restaurant serving throughout the day. During my visit, their second restaurant Avant is being fully remodeled and scheduled to reopen this June 2013. I’ve heard great things about the restaurant from the locals and it hadn’t even opened yet!
The ambiance caters to the discerning traveler – casual yet refined, a perfect place for work and play. I will return along with my golf enthusiast who will appreciate it most!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in San Diego, Rancho Bernardo Inn offers business and leisure guests an experience that is both peaceful and rejuvenating. A member of the distinguished Preferred Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Rancho Bernardo Inn is a destination resort known for its exquisite golf, spa facilities, and exceptional cuisine. A true destination for the entire family, the 265-acre property features 287 luxuriously appointed guestrooms, three swimming pools, an award-winning full-service spa and fitness center, multiple dining outlets, room service or in-room dining, and extensive meeting and event facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Priceline, Preferred Hotels, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Rancho Bernardo Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Bernardo Hotel San Diego
- Rancho Bernardo San Diego