My Ratings (out of 5):
Resort: 3.5-4 Stars
Room: 3.5 Stars
Pool: 3 Stars
Golf Course: 5 Stars
Quality of Service: 4 Stars
Friendliness of Employees: 4 Stars
Location of the Resort: 2 Stars
Rancho Bernardo Inn is just over a mile from the 15 freeway. It has a huge golf course on the property as well. The hotel is in a bit of an odd location though, as you exit the freeway you drive through a residential neighborhood (Bernardo oaks Drive) and the Inn is located at the end of the drive. Kind of an odd place to be at. Its quite hidden but looks like a lot of people know about this little hidden gem. The floor plan is divided into sections with names such as Fountains, Gardens, and others. I cant really remember the names. We stayed at the Gardens. Our room was clean and big. It was on the ground floor, Room 214. We had double beds. Because of the remoteness of the Inn, its pretty quiet and a nice place to relax. Unfortunately we had kids, so time to relax for us. We hit the pool as soon as we got there. There are 2 pools. The pools are “Bernardo” for Adults and “Santiago” for Families. The family pool was fun. Had a few families there with kids enjoying the pool. Oh by the way, when you check in you will get 2 complementary drink cards, bring them over to the pool and get some drinks. The pool has towels so don’t bring your own. The grounds are properly maintained and clean. The service was good too.
The only negative about this place is that there is nothing within walking distance from the Inn. Like I said, it’s a residential neighborhood. Unless you plan on just hanging out at the resort, the pool and playing golf, really nothing else going on around here. You will have to drive to get a bite to eat. The closest decent restaurant is the Elephant Bar off the 15 freeway.
Hint: Get a map of the property when you check in. There are two parking lots on the property, the main one and one to the back of the property by the “Fountains”. Overall I would rate this as a 3.5-4 stars Inn. Yes it’s a Golf and Spa Resort, but I’ve seen better. My rating is based mainly on the location of the inn and things to do around the property.
Enjoy my pictures.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in San Diego, Rancho Bernardo Inn offers business and leisure guests an experience that is both peaceful and rejuvenating. A member of the distinguished Preferred Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Rancho Bernardo Inn is a destination resort known for its exquisite golf, spa facilities, and exceptional cuisine. A true destination for the entire family, the 265-acre property features 287 luxuriously appointed guestrooms, three swimming pools, an award-winning full-service spa and fitness center, multiple dining outlets, room service or in-room dining, and extensive meeting and event facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rancho Bernardo Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Bernardo Hotel San Diego
- Rancho Bernardo San Diego