“Beautiful Stay”

Rancho Bernardo Inn
Ranked #22 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Had an amazing stay at the Ranco Bernardo in this weekend. The property is wonderful with all the trees, golf course, pools and outside dining areas. We spent a good part of the day at the Spa getting good massages and enjoying multiple pool areas around the Spa. At night we enjoyed the new AVANT bar and restuarant - what a cool place! I would HIGHLY recommend the RBI to anyone. Really liked the live outdoor music on Saturday night by the fire.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Greens and the view was spot on.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
JCResortsMarketing, Public Relations Manager at Rancho Bernardo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Thanks for your review Eric! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and we appreciate you sharing your experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,051)

Reviewed 3 February 2014

This was not my first time staying at the Rancho Bernardo Inn; however, it was the first with my husband. Upon arrival the friendly agent wished me a Happy Birthday and later a lovely amenity was brought to my room. The room was updated and extremely comfortable. The buildings are spread out throughout the property so if mobility is an issue you should request a room closer to the lobby and restaurants. We did not use the spa but the pool and surrounding area around the spa are lovely. The ambience of the hotel is romantic. I can only imagine how gorgeous a garden wedding would be here. Also the hotel is very near the Bernardo Winery so you can spend a pleasant afternoon winetasting. I cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of the Rancho Bernardo Inn. We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your birthday stay with your husband, and we look forward to having you back!

Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

This is a very relaxing resort with helpful staff. It is an is oasis of tranquility in San Diego.
The accommodation is laid out in small blocks surrounding pools and the golf course.
One can spend pleasant evenings on the veranda which is heated at night or have lunch watching the golf. Overall it is highly recommended.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed here recently on business, my company held a National Convention here. I wish I'd had time to enjoy the golf course and spa, but business is business. The hotel is a little far from SD, which was only a problem for after-hours outings. 45 mins each way is a little long, but if you're there to swim and golf, then that is a non-issue. The bars and restaurants were nice but naturally busy. As for my room, it was spacious and comfortable... the sheets on the bed were like sleeping on clouds! The interior lighting was very cool, the lighting under and behind the bed was a nice touch.. wifi worked great and the view from my patio was excellent (greens Bldg) as well. My only complaint is that I was consistently provided with 2 conditioners and no shampoo... annoying as I had not brought any of my own, but it was so minor I didn't bother to bring it to anyone's attention.

The hotel and facilities were quite nice and if I had time and warmer weather, I'd be more than happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: You'll pay a little more, but the Greens building is away from the noise of the pools etc and th...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
RBINN, General Manager at Rancho Bernardo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Recent Guest, we appreciate your generous comments on the RBInn and hope that you can return for a longer stay to enjoy our amenities. We take pride in being a unique resort away from the downtown congestion, where you can relax.

We look forward to your return!

John Gates

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

My favorite part of the Rancho Bernardo Inn is its beautiful architecture and wonderful landscaping. The different buildings have separate pools. The spa is nice, while good golf and great food - multiple restaurants and bars - add to the lovely surroundings.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I was at the hotel for a business trip so I didn't get to golf or enjoy the spa, but the grounds were lovely. My room was at the other end of the property from my conference and that was a challenging walk in heels. Lots of steep golf paths. The room was nice, with high ceilings and exposed beams. I was not a fan of the exterior entrance though. There was a large walk in shower, but no soap dishes or shelves so I had to lay my toiletries on the floor of the shower which was gross to me. Room service and housekeeping were both very pleasant and efficient, as was the front desk and bell staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here several times and have never been disappointed. It's very peaceful and relaxing. Lovely Spa, gym and even an adult only pool. Our stays have been mid week so I don't know how it is with several events going on. Although, the way the property is designed the event spaces are separated and tucked away. Lots of mature trees and other greenery give a lush feeling. We're usually ones who like to go out and discover the local restaurants in the area. Having done so on previous visits ( we used the car service which was nice ) we are content to dine at the hotel. The options are many from small plates at the bar to romantic dining. Sit by the outdoor fire places. It's a great place to unwind. We don't play golf but looks like it is a good place to do so. Check out the many fountains around the grounds.

• Stayed: January 2014