“Exceptional property”

Ranked #31 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Santa Monica, California
“Exceptional property”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This is one of the most beautiful properties. The staff is well trained and the facility is beautifully maintained. Top notch. Did not receive a digital copy of my bill via email. Front desk staff not very knowledgable. If you need to know something ask the concierge. Menu options need some updating to be healthier choices for a "spa" facility

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the family pool
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My wife and I enjoyed our stay at Rancho Bernardo. The grounds are beautiful, rooms quiet, decent size and well appointed... And food is pretty good.
However,
We checked out early on our last day, so I asked to receive the bill by email. I was quoted a decent rate for the four nights we were there. When we got the bill there were extra charges for services and parking I was never told about.
I complained to the management about it. It was not dealt with appropriately... And I ended up getting stuck paying most of the extra fees. About an extra $35 per day.
Needless to say it left a sour taste... Hotels need to make their guests aware if there are hidden fees such as parking etc. I was never told at any point making the reservation, or at check-in.
It made me second guess my decision to stay there, and when I return to the area in January I will be looking elsewhere.

Room Tip: The parlour room was handy to have with our infant
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank MissionMan152
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 May 2014

To be honest, I wasn't terribly impressed with the Inn in general, but the Spa was amazing. The cabanas were the perfect place to work since I was there on business. However, the reason I felt compelled to write a review was because of my experience with one of the massage therapists, Cory. I have had massage therapy all over the world, and even had a personal masseur for a period of time. Cory was absolutely one of the the best massage therapists I've ever encountered. I wish I could've packed him up and put him on the payroll!

Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Beautiful location, ambience and great service. I hosted a surprise party for my wife at the Rancho Bernardo Inn thru John Sullivan and Joy Regard in the banquet/catering department. Every aspect of the experience was positive. I was a little nervous planning an event for 25 people without the help of my wife but Joy made it painless. John and Joy were readily available for my (rookie) questions and were very efficient. They helped me work thru the menus, wine and drink choices, the birthday desserts, even had recommendations for flowers!

Servers Kirk and Tamy took good care of us, I would definitely ask for them again! We chose a Mexican food buffet with tortilla soup, salads, Chipotle lime beef and Poblano chile chicken fajitas, plus all the usual beans, rice and tortillas. Food was awesome and we are pretty picky about Mexican food, my wife is half Mexican and she says she grew up eating the best.

Not inexpensive but well worth it for our special occasion, I felt like I received excellent value.

Best part for me was that we actually pulled off the seemingly impossible and surprised my wife! Priceless! We are already trying to figure out our next event!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BTandNT
san francisco
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We spent several days at the Rancho Bernardo Inn, what a wonderful and enchanting place. It is north of San Diego, but easy drives to many tourist sites. We were there over Christmas and the grounds and lobby were beautifully decorated. Loved the room, which overlooked the golf course was fabulous I would really recommend this inn if you want to be close to San Diego but not in downtown "hub-bub".

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Blacksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Rancho Bernardo Inn was a lovely place for a business conference. If you want to play golf and enjoy great service from the staff, this is the place for you. The Avant Restaurant had excellent food and service. The bar in Avant was outstanding. The bartender was very friendly and made some excellent, beautiful cocktails.

Room Tip: The Greens Building has lovely views of the golf course.
Millsboro, Delaware
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed at this resort for a business conference. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. They always went above and beyond. Also, the resort was fully booked the night before I arrived, so the rooms weren't immediately ready. However, the staff did an excellent job of managing the situation. The spa was excellent as well!!! I would definitely recommend this resort.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business