I was invited to an event recently and I don't play golf. I have stayed in many good US hotels and I thought the service and food at this hotel was mediocre at best.
Front desk can be disorganised, and because this place is approx 20 miles outside San Diego you need taxis in and out, it was a real inconvenience at times. Also at approx $90 per trip expensive.
I don't normally sweat the small things but another example is there is a pretty good gym for this type of place but they had run out of towels in the morning.
It is in the middle of a small housing estate so other than walking around course not a lot to explore.
Three pools and different jacuzzis dotted around the place was positive. Pretty grounds as well.
Main bar too small and hot and you are not allowed to stay outside after midnight. Service was variable here as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in San Diego, Rancho Bernardo Inn offers business and leisure guests an experience that is both peaceful and rejuvenating. A member of the distinguished Preferred Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Rancho Bernardo Inn is a destination resort known for its exquisite golf, spa facilities, and exceptional cuisine. A true destination for the entire family, the 265-acre property features 287 luxuriously appointed guestrooms, three swimming pools, an award-winning full-service spa and fitness center, multiple dining outlets, room service or in-room dining, and extensive meeting and event facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prestigia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Preferred Hotels, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Rancho Bernardo Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Bernardo Hotel San Diego
- Rancho Bernardo San Diego