“Excellent experience at RBI”

Rancho Bernardo Inn
Ranked #32 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed at Rancho Bernardo Inn last week and visited there 3 months ago as well. Both the times, experienced top quality service and a very pleasant stay. It reminds me of some palace because of its beautiful, lush green and classic ambiance.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Rancho Bernardo Inn

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We have enjoyed stays at Rancho Bernardo Inn over the past few years. Each time we stay we have been happy with everything from the pools, to the restaurants and spa. This time we are celebrating our 7 year anniversary and have been blown away by the kindness and generosity of the Rancho Bernardo team. Thank you GM John Gates for making a special weekend for us even better and more unforgettable.

Room Tip: The Greens building has good views.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2014

To Mike at the front desk and the staff at the RB Inn, thank you! We couldn't have been more pleased with our experience.

Came here on a brief stay-cation to celebrate a birthday. Called the front desk the day before, just to see if they could get us a room by the family pool, and mentioned the birthday. Mike at the front desk was incredible: Poolside room, steps from the family pool, and very nice treat in the room for the birthday girl, including chocolate-covered strawberries!

To extend our little vacation, we had arrived early to take advantage of the pool, using the pre-registration and baggage check, at Mike's suggestion. "Room should be ready by 4pm, we'll call your cell when it is." Well, the call didn't come until 4:30pm. No big deal to us, we were enjoying the pool. Guess the front desk felt otherwise, as the keycard holder including two drink coupons. OK, nice! Get to our room, find nice birthday wishes and treats, and shortly after getting settled, there's a knock at the door. The front desk has sent over a bottle of chilled Evian and more chocolate-covered strawberries!

The place is so relaxing and peaceful. Lush greenery, fountains everywhere, a pool for families, and one for adults only. Had breakfast at the Veranda and had the breakfast buffet. Good food, nice view from the patio. Great for golfing too, if you're into that kind of thing.

Room Tip: Santiago building is great for families wanting to be right by the family pool. Rooms in the 100'...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We love this hotel and use it as an overnight getaway often. The couple's massage at their spa is wonderful in the outdoor garden. Guests get all day privileges at the spa when they reserve a treatment. The best part is that couples can find a quiet place to sit, even when the hotel is full. Their gardens and paths allow for romantic strolls.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed here twice in the span of a month, on two separate business trips.

It's a beautiful country-club style place, with well-manicured grounds and a friendly staff. Breakfast on the Veranda was great (and free!). Buffet had eggs, potatoes, quiche, grilled tomatoes, bacon, sausage, french toast pudding, fruit, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, bagels, muffins ... plenty to eat! The terrace overlooks the golf course, so it's a gorgeous view and great weather.

Rooms were big, with high ceilings and nice balconies overlooking the grounds. It's not a new place, but it was clean and reasonably well updated. It has a little bit of a rustic thing going on, so anything that wasn't brand new fit into the decor anyway. :-)

During my stay, there was a family emergency back at home in L.A., so I had to rush home a few days early without even checking out of the hotel. The front desk and bellmen were EXTREMELY helpful, gathering all my belongings from the room (didn't miss a thing), and passing them to a colleague so he could bring them home for me. It was an extremely stressful few days, but the staff helped make this part much easier on us.

I'd say the only downside is that it's not really near anything of interest, per se. It's relatively close to the Wild Animal Park, but it's a good 30-40 mins from anything of interest in San Diego. I wouldn't stay here if you want a San Diego vacation. But for a romantic getaway, golf outing, or business trip, it's a great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I worked here as an employee 8 years ago and the high quality of customer service and staff has not changed - truly excellent!! They have also added some really fun things to do there to socialize. The experience is unforgettable!

Room Tip: Spend the money on a suite! !! It's worth it!!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Love this hotel. Took my family there for my husbands 60 birthday. My reservation was totally messed up. Did not get what I asked for and on my confirmation it said the room that I wanted. The staff was totally confused nobody knew anything. I called weeks before arrival to check on reservation that was when I was told about my room. I made reservation in January. My granddaughter was asked to leave adult pool and she is 16 and was with adult. Totally disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Downtown
The US Grant
The US Grant
#43 of 278 in San Diego

Been to Rancho Bernardo Inn? Share your experiences!