It is true that this hotel is a little 'ways away' from San Diego - but for those looking for respite and not necessarily needing water views, this is a wonderful destination. It isn't too far from the major tourist attractions or La Jolla, FYI. The property is set up so well for groups or meetings, but it also feels like a comfortable destination for leisure travelers. The staff at this property will spoil you completely. It's their goal, I can assure you. I loved how unassuming the lodge itself was, but rest assured that the restaurant is top notch and the spa is FABULOUS. I honestly must say I cannot tell you if I was so tired that the spa just felt like heaven .... or if they relaxed me that much. At any rate, my review and recollection is nothing short of fantastic. My therapist was one of the best. A fun fact is that they have started their own line of offerings in the bar - for instance, their own homemade mustard. I am not typically a "mustard fan". However, after a few minutes of conversation with one of their lead employees there, I tried the mustard and then ventured into a berry mustard. I was even given a verbal account of how all this is made. Rather impressive and QUITE good, I must tell you! Before you knew it, I had a 'to go' jar in my hand and was proud to bring it home! The little touches go such a long way!
Bottom line: The rooms are beautiful. Spacious. The property is a very cool combination of lodge and ranch home. I had been to quite a few properties in this area recently, and Rancho Bernardo and Estancia were my two favorites. Rancho Bernardo's spa is lovely - and they have a golf course. It's a bit more 'all inclusive'. After seeing some of the other 'destination' properties out that way, this one even reigns superior to the Omni property that is adjoined with the Deepak Chopra foundation, I believe. . Note that Rancho Bernardo isn't commercial whatsoever. You can check in here and simply enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in San Diego, Rancho Bernardo Inn offers business and leisure guests an experience that is both peaceful and rejuvenating. A member of the distinguished Preferred Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Rancho Bernardo Inn is a destination resort known for its exquisite golf, spa facilities, and exceptional cuisine. A true destination for the entire family, the 265-acre property features 287 luxuriously appointed guestrooms, three swimming pools, an award-winning full-service spa and fitness center, multiple dining outlets, room service or in-room dining, and extensive meeting and event facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Preferred Hotels, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rancho Bernardo Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Bernardo Hotel San Diego
- Rancho Bernardo San Diego