Rancho Bernardo Inn
  • Restaurant
Escondido Lodge(Escondido)
Motel Mediteran(Escondido)
2,129 results
All reviewsveranda restaurantspa poolavant restaurantfamily poolspa servicesbeautiful resortbusiness conferencethe san diego areaself parkingfire pitfitness centerrbipropertyarlenesalineweddingcabana
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We are residents of San Diego and are members of the Rancho Bernardo Inn Resort Club. We love this place! Great location, the grounds are idyllic, the service is superb, and the food and accommodations are top notch. Just walking on the grounds is peaceful. The spa is great, the pools are uncrowded and well serviced. We've been to many events at the Inn and they are always great.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Commodore99
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed at the Rancho Bernardo Inn for their Kids Rule package and it did not disappoint! The staff was extremely friendly and the property was beautiful. We stayed the whole weekend, great F&B!! I would recommend to any family that wants a lot of options for all family members.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I am a Marriot Platinum Member because I travel so much for work. Because of this, I have stayed at multiple hotels for years all over California and Nevada. I have NEVER had a staff be more curtious, accomadating, and personable. Every time I stay it feels like a "true home away from home."Dhel-Ketan, Janice and Theresa all make this hotel very special.

Thank You Very Much!

Sincerely, Bruno Fritz

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2014

It is true that this hotel is a little 'ways away' from San Diego - but for those looking for respite and not necessarily needing water views, this is a wonderful destination. It isn't too far from the major tourist attractions or La Jolla, FYI. The property is set up so well for groups or meetings, but it also feels like a comfortable destination for leisure travelers. The staff at this property will spoil you completely. It's their goal, I can assure you. I loved how unassuming the lodge itself was, but rest assured that the restaurant is top notch and the spa is FABULOUS. I honestly must say I cannot tell you if I was so tired that the spa just felt like heaven .... or if they relaxed me that much. At any rate, my review and recollection is nothing short of fantastic. My therapist was one of the best. A fun fact is that they have started their own line of offerings in the bar - for instance, their own homemade mustard. I am not typically a "mustard fan". However, after a few minutes of conversation with one of their lead employees there, I tried the mustard and then ventured into a berry mustard. I was even given a verbal account of how all this is made. Rather impressive and QUITE good, I must tell you! Before you knew it, I had a 'to go' jar in my hand and was proud to bring it home! The little touches go such a long way!

Bottom line: The rooms are beautiful. Spacious. The property is a very cool combination of lodge and ranch home. I had been to quite a few properties in this area recently, and Rancho Bernardo and Estancia were my two favorites. Rancho Bernardo's spa is lovely - and they have a golf course. It's a bit more 'all inclusive'. After seeing some of the other 'destination' properties out that way, this one even reigns superior to the Omni property that is adjoined with the Deepak Chopra foundation, I believe. . Note that Rancho Bernardo isn't commercial whatsoever. You can check in here and simply enjoy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2014

A beautifully landscaped place with a real upscale rancho feel and a wonderful service. Good food and a well kept pool. Rooms were great and spacious, especially for the European, even thought the place is a while our of SD and the airport. Recommended

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business