“Perfect!!”

Rancho Bernardo Inn
Ranked #30 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 28 October 2009

I recently stayed at the Rancho Bernardo Inn for a wedding. Had I known it would be such a beautiful place I would have stayed longer. The staff was so friendly and accommodating! The grounds were beautiful, the rooms were great, and the spa is a must. I would love to come back. I was pleasantly surprised since I had never heard of this place before. Even though a short trip it was so relaxing. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Rancho Bernardo Inn

Reviewed 26 October 2009

My husband and I stayed here at RBI because we have stayed at other JC Resort Properties and we loved the service and atmosphere of the resorts and thought since this one was close to home we would give it a try. This place, compared to other similarly rated properties was very disappointing. We wanted to check out as soon as we arrived. There was a long and confusing hike to find our hotel room. Prior to arriving Arlene in the spa bent over backwards to accommodate our last minute requests at the spa. Because of all of her hard work and professionalism we decided to give RBI another chance. Arlene in the spa was so accommodating and welcoming we decided to tolerate a lot more than we normally would have. When we arrived in the room it was nice and clean with what appeared to be a lowly budgeted recent remodel. When we sat on the bed, the mattress slid across the frame mounting about 6 inches. The frame of the bed was too big for the mattress! The bed was extremely uncomfortable. You could hear springs in the mattress all night and neither my husband or I got a good night sleep! I ended up with bruises on my legs from banging them on the frame every time I got out of bed.

The only nice thing I can say about this place is the spa was a wonderful experience and the atmosphere of the grounds is beautiful. Our hotel rate included 2 spa treatments with each night stay for $268. Which is a great deal if the room had not been so miserable. I have been to better spas, but everyone was quite professional and caring. My husband chose to have the signature massage and I chose the aroma therapy facial. We also opt'd for the spa pedicure, which in my opinion was a waste of money. The environment for the pedicure was not in the spa area and the bench seat was very uncomfortable. The room was attached to the fitness area and was very loud and non-relaxing. The spa has a nice dressing room area with all of the amenities, 3 showers and plenty of lockers. While waiting for your treatment you can enjoy a private men or women only steam room and jacuzzi, the saline pool or co-gender jacuzzi, or relax in the cabanas that are included for spa members only.

Needless to say the night only got worse when we went to the Veranda Dining area and were highly disappointed by the very low quality of the food offered there. The ambiance was amazing as it sits outside overlooking the golf course but we could have gotten better food from Denny's down the road!

Overall it was nice to have a weekend away with my husband but I would highly recommend that you consider another place unless you are used to the Holiday Inn level or lower of accommodations. The grounds are beautiful. If you live locally, I would recommend a visit to the spa!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2009

Tucked away in North San Diego County is the Rancho Bernardo Inn. With its classic vintage grounds and large terrace overlooking a first class Golf course and great food, you feel you are hundreds of miles away from home. We live in San Diego, got married there, celebrate our anniversary and enjoy numerous brunches throughout the year at the RBI. The newly added spa/pool area is wonderfull, relaxing and serene. Golf at the RBI is fun, challanging and just a beautiful setting. There is something for everyone there and I highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2009

We loved this hotel...so romantic and peaceful! This is a real treat!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2009

Since we live in the San Diego North County area, we thought we would try out the RB Inn...and we weren't disappointed! The hotel is beautiful...nestled in the many golf courses in RB and has an amazing spa. The Inn is first class and even has Aveda products in the rooms! If you go, be sure to dine in El Bizchoco (their tasting menu is incredible) for a truly gourmet meal!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2009

The RB Inn has done some renovations over the last couple years that really add to the hotel. They added a nice new spa and some ballrooms. The rooms are still big and nice, however the air conditioning unit was so loud it kept us up all night.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2009

I just got back from a stay at the Rancho Bernardo Inn SPA. It was amazing. The people were all superior and professional and the Warm Stones Massage was heavenly! The pool and outdoor treatment rooms are amazing and completely zen-like. I could spend every day there. They have individual cabanas for the spa guests and even deliver room service to them. I had the most amazing Ahi salad poolside. The relaxation rooms are comfortable and well stocked. The pools are saline and super to swim in. You must make a trip here if at all possible!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Downtown
The US Grant
The US Grant
#43 of 278 in San Diego

Been to Rancho Bernardo Inn? Share your experiences!