I worked with Joy to secure my rate, reservation and arrangements for our dog. Working with her was absolutely wonderful. She was very friendly and professional. The hotel itself has some wonderful qualities. The main building has an upscale lodge feel to it and is very beautiful. So are the grounds. The front desk staff needs some more training or a change in attitude. When you walk up to one of them, there is almost a look of fear in their eyes. It seems they are ready to be defensive. Smiles seem a little fake. The clerk who checked me in failed to tell me about the free breakfast and complimentary items in the mini-fridge. Fortunately, I was aware of them while making the reservation.
The room was beautiful and overlooked the golf course. We were on the top level, so the ceilings were high. The room was very big, recently updated and well-furnished. The bathroom had double sinks which was nice. However, the bathrooms appeared a little older. There was a little mold in the shower, but not a deal-breaker.
The restaurant was painfully slow, but forgivable our first morning. The second was an awful experience. To lure families, the resort offers kids free meals. When we went to breakfast, a few sets of parents, who were traveling together, were at the restaurant with their children. The kids were screaming and running all over the place. They also were only wearing bathing suits and no shoes which is actually a health code violation. The management did nothing and should have on its own. To make matters worse, our order was not taken for 20 minutes. Our pot of coffee was forgotten after three requests. The manager, noticing we were not happy, offered to credit our room for the cost of breakfast. We were satisfied with that, but after his offering, neither he nor anyone from the staff checked on us again. As we started to walk out, the manager ran over and apologized again.
Also, self-park was $10 a day for guests. However, people who were at the hotel for functions were able to park in the same lot for free. And, in some cases, we could not find a parking space. At least it was at times we only had to quickly run to the room. We actually left our car in the fire zone with flashers! The resort has no way to really monitor who is parking where. You may want to just tell them you took a taxi to avoid the fee!
Overall, if the price were more reasonable, I would consider staying at Rancho Bernardo Inn again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in San Diego, Rancho Bernardo Inn offers business and leisure guests an experience that is both peaceful and rejuvenating. A member of the distinguished Preferred Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Rancho Bernardo Inn is a destination resort known for its exquisite golf, spa facilities, and exceptional cuisine. A true destination for the entire family, the 265-acre property features 287 luxuriously appointed guestrooms, three swimming pools, an award-winning full-service spa and fitness center, multiple dining outlets, room service or in-room dining, and extensive meeting and event facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Preferred Hotels, Ebookers, Prestigia, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Rancho Bernardo Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Bernardo Hotel San Diego
- Rancho Bernardo San Diego