Holiday Inn San Diego-Bayside
US$523
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$226
  • Restaurant
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$474
US$268
US$206
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$168
Hotels.com
US$224
  • Pool
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$201
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$213
All reviewsputting greenpoint lomanew towerclose to the airportmain buildingshuffle boardpizza novaping pongshelter islandpool areaon site restaurantwould stay here againliberty stationshuttle servicenice stayview of the baynice pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Spend one night here after being rerouted by our airline due to weather. The room was clean, the bed comfy. We were put in the "other" building (I'm sure there's a name for it, I just don't know it) which meant a bit of hike from the lobby. We were offered a ride in the golf cart, but welcomed the opportunity to move around. I was on the first floor, with wide plantation shutters that opened to a private patio overlooking the pool area. I was sorry we weren't staying longer to enjoy the pool and hot tub. As with a lot of hotels, it was a little difficult to find available outlets to plug in device chargers. The bathroom is divided, with a small sink/vanity separate from the toilet/shower area. Nice if you're sharing the room. My only concern was being unable to get hot water. I decided against a shower...! I reported it to the front desk, they were apologetic. If my stay would have been longer, I have no doubt the issue would have been quickly resolved. I also like that the shuttle to the airport was "on demand" so no need to work around a set schedule or get the airport unnecessarily early. The restaurant was closed when we arrived, but the staff was able to provide us the name of a pizza place that would deliver.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jean F
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights in the new building. The hotel is very clean, nice, and elegant. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast in the restaurant was delicious. I would definitely stay here again.

Thanks for accommodating us!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hardeep M
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Arriving here for a couple of nights before joining a 'Holland America cruise from literally outside your bedroom balcony. Good hotel with great positioning for views. We had a 3rd floor room with sea views and it was great. Staff as you would imagine were just perfect. The bar and restaurant cater for most tastes but leans naturally to the 'American' pallet. Well priced and very tasty. Great selection of drinks incl beers. A well priced 3++ hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a sea view and as high up as you can get to get a view of the entire bay area.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank plb100
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This hotel has had a lot of renovations and the rooms are nice and modern if a little small. The multiple building lay-out is a little confusing but you get used to it. Point Loma is a nice area and many rooms have a partial ocean view. It is close to the airport which will be convenient for some but we were not disturbed by any noise from the planes. Downtown is not walkable but only a 10 minute drive and there are places to eat and a supermarket only a short walk away. We used the exercise room and laundry as we were on a long trip and these were both clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sjanes
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I live in the San Diego area, but stayed at this hotel in order to easily catch a morning flight. I was warmly welcomed by Joseph and given a room in the newer section. The room was extraordinary: new, spacious, clean, and with a great view of the harbor. I was a bit sorry I was not staying for multiple nights. Everyone was very helpful. I thought I had left behind a ring and called back to the hotel two days later. Elizabeth was very courteous, had the room searched carefully and called me back to advise me of their findings. (I later discovered I had not left the ring and had to apologize for the alarm, but I very much appreciated the staff for being understanding and willing to help.) I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Reserve a room in the new tower.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family