“Great place!”

Ranked #110 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Milwaukie, Oregon
“Great place!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed here at the Bayside for 4 nights 3/20-3/24. We booked a room in the newest building, I think they were called Executive rooms. This building had just opened in 2013, so needless to say it still had that nice new construction smell! It was nice to have a clean room and large enough for our family of 4! The onsite restaurant was nice b/c kids eat free! The pool was nice, as was the putting green area! Just felt like a nice place to relax! We would stay here again if we ever find our way back to San Diego!

Room Tip: If you want to upgrade, stay in the newest building! Very clean! Large rooms!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed at the HI-Bayside for three nights. Our boys, 9 and 13, loved the on-site amenities. They spent many hours playing shuffleboard, live grass putt-putt, and ping pong. It was a little chilly for the pool, but they checked it out as well. The grounds are beautifully manicured and spotless. We opted for the kids' suite "Zoo Room," but ended up switching rooms due to the noise of the ice machines and banging housekeeping door. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. My husband and I liked the proximity to San Diego sites, and we had a great view of the harbor...not a bad way to wake up! If we are ever lucky enough to find ourselves in SD again we will stay at the HI-Bayside.

Room Tip: Try to steer clear of the ice machines and elevators. The pool side rooms seemed nice, especially i...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I travel last minute to San Diego a lot for work and the Holiday Inn Bayside always accommodates me very well (even not being IHG platinum). First and foremost this hotel is always easy on the expense report. While most other hotels in the SD area change their rates depending on the season, H I Bayside is always consistent. Best winter deal in town. Restaurants on the bay are across the street. The rooms are very recently updated and the other amenities look awesome as well (unfortunately don't get to use them as much as I'd like with work). The staff is always friendly and will work to get you the best room available. The property is also minutes from downtown (Gaslamp and Embarcadero) and even closer to little Italy. Great location and great service!

Also, whenever checking in, even if he isn't helping me, Keith always remembers me and says hi. It's those little things that make life on the road more enjoyable.

Room Tip: Rooms in the older buildings are updated just as nice as the new building (as of last stay, they'...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Litchfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I was visiting a client on Point Loma and the hotel was very convenient. My husband arrived a day later while I was at work and did not receive good instructions on how to find our room (his name was on the reservation and they did give him a key). Our room had doors on both sides for adjoining rooms. We could hear voices in the other rooms on either side but at least the neighbors were not too noisy and did not stay up late. We were in the "tower" section and I had trouble finding the business center in my building. When I did find it, the computers were restricted as to what you could do so I had to change my strategy to get printouts of work items. It seemed like anyone could walk into the building off the street which I am not used to in hotels that I stay in. However, I did not see anything that made me feel insecure. The Point Loma Cafe was very good for breakfast. I also recommend Point Loma Seafood and Pizza Nova for lunch or dinner. There are other good restaurants in the area. We used to live in SD and always appreciated the good restaurants there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Robin N
Rhinna M, Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego-Bayside, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Robin N: Thank you so much for posting your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Bayside. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience you might have experience during your stay of not being able to get the print outs you needed for your work and also trouble in finding our business center. We are currently renovating and that will include the upgrade of our business center. I also want to apologize that your husband was not given a good instruction on how to get to your room. I do understand that our property is a little spread out and people find it confusing at times even with a good direction so I can only imagine your husband's frustration. I hope that you will consider us again when planning a trip to San Diego. Sincerely, Rhinna B Meyer - Rooms Division Manager
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I followed my husband on a conference trip to San Diego and we stayed at the Holiday Inn San Diego. It is a beautiful old resort that has been maintained meticulously. I tend to be quite picky about hotel rooms and this room was well decorated and clean. We stayed on the second floor in the main building in beachfront room. It was easy to get to the room via stairs while still providing a gorgeous view.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Upland, California
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Generally well-kept up property.

Nice view right onto the Bay at Shelter Island.

Good exercise area. Where was the controller for the TV?

Plumbing problematic in the room: Leaked; tub wouldn't hold water. These are issues that didn't happen overnight. WHY hadn't they been addressed? Not noticed? Noticed but no one cared?

Room Tip: See if you can ask for a bay view room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego-Bayside, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear William D,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the view.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the the bathroom condition. We will address these concerns. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Diego, California
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

We are in the new section and the rooms and view of the harbor are great. Great location, near airport and nice area to walk along the sport-fishing area. Very nice staff. Several nice restaurants in the area.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple