“Best check-in experience ever.”

The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Ranked #39 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I arrived late at night from Seattle. The desk clerk, Emma, was great: warm, cheerful, helpful, could answer every question (including the temperature of the swimming pool). When she offered the Eco choice for service, she reassured me I would get fresh towels and complementary drinking water replaced. Service at the hotel continued to he great--overall warm and caring. A great stay (and at government rate, a great bargain).

• Stayed: November 2013
westingaslampSD, General Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Carlo1217

Wonderful to hear how helpful Emma in providing you with the "best check-in experience ever". And I was and very happy to know you chose to participate in our Make A Green Choice sustainability program. The initiative has been in place in many Westin hotels for years and we are committed to conserving energy wherever possible. Your choosing to join us in this effort is much appreciated.

Hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards,

Keri Robinson

Reviewed 18 November 2013

From the moment I arrived at the Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter I was welcomed and provided with amazing information and service!! Everyone on the staff was personable, helpful, and took the time to make sure that my stay was top rate. I accidentally left some of my belongings in my hotel room, though I didn't realize this until two days after I left the hotel. When I called the hotel, they were kind and quick to locate my belongings and return my call within 24 hours. One week later, I had all of my belongings back home with me along with a lovely note from the Housekeeping Manager. Thank you Daniela!! You and your staff ARE amazing, and I am grateful to all of you for my stay and wonderful experience in San Diego.

1  Thank Lisa A
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for business and for pleasure. It really is one of the best hotel in San Diego. Great location (you can walk anywhere), great room (nice, modern and clean) and great service (everyone was sincere and helpful). I will stay here again when I am in San Diego!

1  Thank 4travel360
westingaslampSD, General Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear 4travel360

“One of the best in San Diego” “Great location” “Great room” “Great service”… All music to my ears and I couldn’t agree more! Thank you for continuing to choose to stay with us when you are in town. We look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Kind regards,

Keri Robinson

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Close to everything we wanted, especially the Gaslamp Quarter. This property offers exactly what you can expect from a Westin Hotel: everything is clean, rooms are big and modern, very attentive staff, fast vallet service. I just still can't understand why 4* hotels always wants extra money for average Internet connection.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Henrique S
Reviewed 17 November 2013

So happy this hotel has kept personal service in lieu of digital. The concierge was extremely helpful and made me feel nurtured, cared for and important.

Beautiful hotel, incredible service, so well laid out. Must stay!

2  Thank Tammy K
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I live in San Diego. We needed a place to stay while our house was tented for termite treatment. We have two large dogs. While many hotels allow small dogs, it is very difficult to find a hotel for large dogs. The Westin did not just allow my dogs, the dogs were welcomed. I am a Starwood Gold member and have stayed at a number of Westin hotels. On each occasion, the Westin has promoted their Westin Heavenly Beds. It was only on this visit that I became aware of the Westin Heavenly Dog Bed. When we arrived in our room it had already been prepared for the arrival of thee canine guests. Two Westin dog beds were on the ground. Food and water bowls, dog biscuits, poop pick up bags, and a map identifying nearby places for the dogs to go to the bathroom were laid out for our use. If you enjoy traveling with dogs, the Westin Gaslamp is a great place. Thanks Westin. Being out of the house for termite treatment is a real pain. The Westin made it a lot easier.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark F
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Last minute stop in San Diego and needed a hotel. The Westin Gaslamp offered me a 250 per night room for 130 dollars by combining my military discount with my SPG (starwood prefered guest membership). Thank you very much!
The room was modern and very up to date. I am going to guess that it was renovated very recently. The bed was very comfortable and the bedding was top notch. The bathroom was super clean. I liked the ceramic bamboo tiles on back-splash very much(gotta copy that for my own place)! The shower was ultra modern with a rain-shower head and body spray.
The location was perfectly situated in the Gaslamp quarter. Restaurants abound and there is a very lively night life.
Con: they charge extra for in-room Wifi. I despise the treating of internet by hotels, restaurants, and coffee shops as a commodity. If you are a hotel manager and reading this - if you want my business then you must offer internet for free to your guests. It is one of my major deciding factors.

Room Tip: Views are limited due to the location of other large buildings (its in the downtown core).