“Wonderful stay, courteous and friendly staff”

The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Ranked #35 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Wonderful stay, courteous and friendly staff”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

This was my family's first time in San Diego and our first time at a Westin Hotel. It was by far the best Hotel experience ever. Everyone from the valet attendants to the front desk clerks were courteous, professional, and helpful. I plan to stay at Westin hotels whenever I travel.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Khowse

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 February 2014

As a SPG platinum member, I was very surprised with the quality of customer service at the hotel. It was truly genuine and we had some amazing experiences from check in to check out. There was even a circumstance when we requested assistance from room service and Austin identified our exact needs and even returned to help without us asking! It was above and beyond.
Definitely a memorable experience, and I would be enthusiastic to return the next time I visit San Diego.

Room Tip: I stayed on the side with a city view- it was just ok. I'd be interested to see what the water v...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Irvine
Reviewed 12 February 2014

My sister and I stayed at this hotel while she attended a conference in San Diego. The hotel is an easy walk from the convention center BUT it is tucked away so you feel like you are on a little island with lovely shops and restaurants. The staff throughout the hotel very welcoming, helpful and accommodating except for the bar area during the superbowl. My sister got annoyed because the bartender was saving seats. She had asked at the front desk about super bowl Sunday and no one indicated that she should reserve a seat.

As others mentioned the valet parking is a whopping $38/night and there is no "self park" option. BUT there is a lot diagonally across from the hotel and it is $28/night. I parked there after the first night and felt that my car was secure.

Don't eat at the hotel for breakfast. The service is pleasant but VERY slow and over priced. Walk down the street to Café 222 and have a DELICIOUS breakfast for half the price.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Irvine
Reviewed 11 February 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Our family visits this hotel a couple times a year and we always love it's proximity to the mall. Very convenient to be able to visit the CVS for snacks, the movie theater at night, and the food court for an inexpensive dinner. It's also a short trip to Sea World and the zoo, so perfect location.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ohkneebee
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 10 February 2014

For decades, I've stayed in numerous hotels in and out of the San Diego area; with and without kids. The Westin GQ has been the best! I've booked hotels through on-line travel services, AAA, directly through the hotel via phone, website and/or hotel rewards programs.
Location, value, cleanliness, and professionalism of the staff stands out. It all started with Steven Khuon when I checked in. He made me feel like a VIP and his disposition gave the impression that he was glad I chose this hotel. Steven was proud and confident of his hotel. Upon check out, my family and I were at the valet and he came over once again to check in on us to make sure we were satisfied with our stay. Who does that? He remembered my name! The Westin GQ is our go-to hotel in San Diego!!!

• Stayed February 2014
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My husband and I went to San Diego and while we realized that next time we're there we'll stay in a beach hotel, this Westin property was great! Staff were really kind and nice. The room is very clean and we had a great view of the city! The only not so great part is that we had to pay #38 dollars per day for the valet parking, they do not have parking. There's a parking lot in the mall next to it but you can't leave your car overnight. Be prepared to add that on to your final bill.

Room Tip: Pick floor 15 and ask for a view, the day and night view is amazing! Also, research about where to p...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marisabalfoort
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I just love the Westin Hotels with their very comfortable beds. The Westin San Diego Gaslamp District is located next to the shopping Mall and all restaurants, shops and the Marina are walkable. Very nice breakfast Restaurant. Absolutely to recommend

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business