The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
US$240
US$191
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$194
  • Restaurant
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$204
  • Pool
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$337
US$330
US$251
US$190
  • Room Service
US$282
US$179
  • Breakfast included
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$179
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$191
US$699
US$674
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$350
US$325
Hotelpower.com
  • Restaurant
1,815 results
All reviewsgaslamp quarterhorton plazagreat locationheavenly bedwithin walking distanceconcierge deskvalet parkingstarbucks coffeeconvention centerbars and restaurantsgas lampvalet serviceper nightpetco parkhotel restaurantuss midwayseaport village
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2014

this hotel has a great location. I was there for the san diego marathon weekend and the staff was very friendly. We were traveling with an infant and they took care of us by providing a crib. The location is excellent, you can walk pretty much everywhere downtown to many stores and restaurant and it is also in pretty good shape.
the only thing i did not like is that they charge $40 use for parking daily. I was there for 5 days, so paying $200 just for parking, ruins the happiness!

Room Tip: if you are travelling for the marathon, they have a marathon concierge which can help you specifically with any questions regarding the race!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Victor I
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We came to San Diego to relax and spend our days walking. This hotel is in a very convenient location, walking distance to the harbour and all it's attractions. It is adjacent to the Westfield Horton Plaza for some shopping. There are so many restaurants all with in walking distance. The room was comfortable and basic. We tried to go for breakfast at the on site restaurant but the wait was very long and when we finally got seated, the table was dirty. We decided to leave and go elsewhere. I would return to this hotel because of the location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed here recently on a long business trip. The hotel is in a good location, very central and convenient to the mall and Gaslamp. The lobby is nicely furnished. The room itself was clean and in good condition but I think Westins in general need a new room scheme as it just seems tired compared to other chains. The shower is very nice and included a handheld which is rare, great water pressure. I had an issue with plumbing in the sink in the room that was taken care of very quickly. The front desk clerk on check-in was wonderful. Housekeeping and the valet staff were wonderful. And of course the bed is heavenly!

Now for some areas that were not up to par. Specifically, some gym equipment didn't work properly and more of an issue was the fact that the hot tub was lukewarm, which is a health hazard. Also, the pool at this particular Westin does not have a secured entrance and some odd people were there. For these reasons I didn't really enjoy the recreational facilities.

Lots of families and many groups were staying at the hotel. To me, it did not feel like the hotel has a large solo business clientele. I would definitely recommend to anyone vacationing in San Diego.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2014

When I first arrived to check in the front desk agent man didn't ask me for an id nor told me about the amenities of the hotel. Being my first time there it was important i ended up reading their book in my room. He just took my credit card and swipe it didn't even check if it match my reservation. Then i went to the bell stand to ask the bellmen for a luggage cart and he tells me no one can touch it except them and can help either help me or i have to carry everything myself. I didn't like his rude response i decided to carry it with my family. Before i went up to my room i asked another bellmen about a business center where I can go online and print a ticket. He said around the corner outside hotel there was a business. I was surprise since every westin i stay at has a business center. I then found out they did have one. The next day I decided to borrow a stroller to be able to go to the mall I was standing there for 5 minutes until an employee came and said he will find a bell men for me. He came back 3 minutes later saying he will be right with me. I finally saw the bell men and he was talking to another bell men. I waited another 3 minutes then finally a bell men came and said if I needed something. All that time just to get something so simple. I had called the front desk to let them know I needed it before I went down and they said it would take less than a minute to get it. I guess they were wrong. It seems the employees need more training in customer service and secure payment. Next to the hotel they have a 4 story Horton Plaza-Westfield mall. It's great if you want to do some shopping. It was less than 15 minutes to get to SeaWorld which was the reason I stayed there. I got a room with 2 double beds because they were out of king beds. This wasn't big enough for us since we were 2 adults and a teenager and child. The fridge didn't work. It didn't keep my child's milk cold. I didn't tell the front desk until check out because I didn't want anyone in my room while we were there and when we left the room we kept forgetting to let them know. I didn't like there was no drawers to put our clothes. I like to unpack and put everything where it belongs. This hotel seemed more of a business hotel than a family hotel to me. We went to the pool which is salt water but I almost slipped on the tile floor of the pool. Why would there be tile on the pool floor instead of concrete? I was barefoot so it didn't make since why I almost felt. The Jacuzzi was locked and we couldn't get in. In the book it says they can give you a cell charger if you forgot it but they don't they tell you to take your cell phone for them to charge it then you have to go back to get it. This didn't work for me since I need my cell phone with me at all times. I just went and purchase a new charger. You can rent a stroller from them for free. I didn't go to their restaurant or bar. I won't stay at this westin again. One good thing I can say housekeeping is great. My room was clean. I forgot my purse one of the days and nothing was touch. the housekeepers are very honest.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
westingaslampSD, Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear cawa76025,

Located in the heart of downtown San Diego and the Gaslamp Quarer, in addition to being right next door to the only downtown shopping and entertainment mall, we cater to both leisure guests such as you and your family as well as to our business customers. During the summer months, we have many families that stay with us who enjoy not only our prime location, but the many activities and venues nearby. Our pool deck is also a definite plus for families where during the summer months when we hold barbeques on the pool deck every weekend.

Should your vacation plans include a return trip to San Diego, we'd love the opportunity to welcome you back. Coupled with our great customer service, I am sure we can recreate a memorable experience for you!

Be Well,

Charles Cho
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel, like I have found with all Westins, was extremely well kept, and of course, the Heavenly bed was, well, heavenly.

The thing i liked most about this hotel though, was it's location. It was right in the middle of everything. It was only a 10 min cab ride from the airport in traffic. It was a six block walk to the USS Midway. You were just one block from all the restaurants and bars in the Gas Lamp District. There was also a light rail stop 2 blocks away, and a bus stop that would go directly to the San Diego Zoo one block away.

If you are from out of town and looking for a convenient place to stay so that you can see everything San Diego has to offer, i'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
westingaslampSD, General Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear tsquared1977,

I loved reading your great description of our location and I couldn’t agree more! No matter what you’ve got planned when in San Diego, you can be sure that staying with us makes it easier.

Hope to see you on your next trip out to the West coast.

Be well,