The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
Wyndham Harbour Lights(San Diego)
  • Fitness centre
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Good 3.5/5
1,818 results
All reviewsgaslamp quarterhorton plazagreat locationheavenly bedwithin walking distanceconcierge deskvalet parkingstarbucks coffeeconvention centerbars and restaurantsgas lampvalet serviceper nightpetco parkhotel restaurantuss midwayseaport village
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I am very picky when it comes to hotels, but the Westin Gaslamp was very attentive to my needs and exceeded my expectations. Of note, during my 7 day stay, I ordered room service for breakfast each day, which was on time and hot each day. Housekeeping paid attention to the smallest details in their daily cleaning process. I did have a maintenance issue that I informed the front desk of, and within 5 minutes, the maintenance man was there correcting the issue. The hotel is situated within walking distance of all of the Gaslamp area restaurants and activities. If I come back to San Diego, this hotel will be at the top of my list.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our 5 day stay was one of the best. Hotel was well appointed with friendly staff and services. Consierge, Caroline? was so helpful and we consulted with her daily. Organized a trip for us to Hollywood via Santa Monica and returning along the beautiful coast highway 1 where we had dinner in amazing Laguna beach. As we were six in the family group she suggested we hire a van with GPS from a local company ($90 for the day with GPS) which was the cost of one person on the train. She set it all up for us and off we went. The drive was great and so nice to be able to take our time driving back. The coast highway on the way back to San Diego (SD) was, for me, the highlight.
This stay at the Westin showed us that we did not have to just stay in SD, even though there is more to see than you can imagine, but with more time we could have used it as a staging point to drive out into the beautiful landscape and cities to the North and east of the city. Next time we will come for 2 weeks!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I cannot say enough amazing things about this property! Every single member of the staff that I encountered during my week long stay were beyond helpful. Check in was completely flawless, as was the concierge; the restaurant and bar staff were incredible and the porters/valet went above and beyond to help with any and all of my inquires. The rooms were absolutely spotless, the pool and fitness area were a great amenity. The free wifi in the lobby was extremely useful. This was definitely a memorable stay and I would not hesitate to return. I wish all hotels were this exceptional!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
westingaslampSD, General Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear monaco 10,

And I cannot say enough “thank yous” for the terrific review! Obviously I was thrilled to read how much you enjoyed not only the hotel, but the interactions you had with the staff during the week you were here. It is very rewarding to hear when we do a great job and I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Be well,

Keri Robinson

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I checked in on Friday and decided last min to try to book an additional day, but, they were all booked up. I found out that there were 2 huge events going on this past wknd. Like usual, at the desk I was acknowledged for being a Starwood member (I'm also an owner). Tyler at the Valet was wonderful! He went back to our car on 2 different occasions for things we left in the car. The room was nice, clean & good size. The pool area is really small so get there early if you want to get a lounge chair. I came home and realized I left my bathing suit in the room, I called them and they send it to me the next day!!!! The location is a very short walk away from the Gaslamp area. Will definitely return here when visiting San Diego.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Marina V,

Very happy to read that you plan on returning the next time you’re down from Los Angeles! I was also pleased to know that our housekeeping department was able to return your bathing suit so promptly. With it being the height of the summer heat, you’re certainly going to need it. Come back soon!

Best,

Keri Robinson

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Superb Westin service. Great location right next to Horton Plaza and walking distance to lots of downtown attractions around the Gaslamp District. Great restaurants within a short stone's throw. Rooms are updated, clean and well kept. Short ride from the airport and only a $10-ish Uber ride to Balboa Park area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends