The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
US$115
US$99
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$512
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$236
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$198
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$226
US$276
US$220
US$320
US$206
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$310
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$126
Travelocity
1,819 results
All reviewsgaslamp quarterhorton plazagreat locationheavenly bedwithin walking distanceconcierge deskvalet parkingstarbucks coffeeconvention centerbars and restaurantsgas lampvalet serviceper nightpetco parkhotel restaurantuss midwayseaport village
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This hotel has the best location, right next to the poet office to send the shopping from Macy's on the other side right home to our door. This hotel is provides all the necessities and the staff are friendly and very helpful. The rooms are roomy and clean. Only downside is the pool is small and crowded for a hotel of this size.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Barb4217
westingaslampSD, Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Barb4217,

Friendly and helpful staff at a great location. You have described our hotel very well. However, it's not just that - we have a lot more to offer to our guests! We are one of the most popular branded Westin hotels in all of North America. And after our $25M transformation a few years ago, I hope you come back to experience it all over again!

Be Well,

Charles Cho
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I am a fan of Starwood. I always have had great service and this location was no exception. The front staff was very pleasant. The bellhop and the valets were SUPERB!! Although I cannot say that I am a fan of $40 overnight parking, the valets and bellhops were very courteous and genuinely tried to accommodate us. Recommending activities, restaurants, or just grabbing us a cold water for the road. Very nice group! I would have given this 5 stars, but resisted because I was hoping Starwood would have recognized my daughters birthday. I informed them at booking of the unique occasion ( Seaworld for my 4 yr old) for our travels and was surprised that there wasn't any mention. This may sound like a bit too much to expect and if it were any other hotel I wouldn't have said anything. My experiences at Starwood have created a slight bias,as they always seem to try and celebrate that "special occasion".

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
westingaslampSD, General Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear John D,

We love having you as a fan! I would also like to wish your daughter a belated Happy Birthday. It is unfortunate that we missed the opportunity to help her celebrate. And you’re right, we value our reputation of being able to provide our guests with a memorable experience. I hope she enjoyed her day at SeaWorld and I hope we see you again soon!

Be well,

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here for business. Good location, but a little below average for a Starwood property. I got in late and was starving, so I ordered room service from the limited menu. They were out of almost everything, including pre-made deli sandwiches. I got a salad with brown wilted lettuce and old chicken made who knows when. The room was alright, but a little confusing to find. Housekeeping came in even though I had the "green choice" (no housekeeping) option hanging on my door, so I had to ask the front desk to adjust my options upon checkout so I got the point for green choice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
westingaslampSD, Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear AlohaGirl86,

Thank you for participating in our green program. California is experiencing a severe drought and anytime a guest chooses to participate in our green program, we forego servicing their room, which helps tremendously in our saving water efforts. You are truly making a difference by participating and we thank you for doing so. I hope that our appreciation gift of either 500 points or $5 F&B voucher was well used. I am also glad you mentioned our terrific location. We get a lot of positive feedback on that, and for good reason! Being centrally located to any and everything you want to do in San Diego is a real plus.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time your schedule includes San Diego. We will make sure that your stay is memorable and enjoyable.

Charles Cho
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 18 August 2014

On a recent visit to San Diego I booked a room at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter with the help of Shayna. I told her I wanted a quiet out of the way room and she delivered!! She placed me in a corner room facing Coronado and additionally I had a second window facing the Gaslamp Quarter with a beautiful night view! Shayna even went above and beyond by placing a sweet treat of strawberries and chocolate. She was so thoughtful. If you are looking for a quiet, clean and friendly place to stay then this is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Brenda S

Dear Brenda S,

Thank you for sharing your experience and for mentioning how helpful Shayna was. I will make sure she knows how much you appreciated her efforts. It sounds like you had a wonderful time and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you head down to San Diego.

Best,

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Short ride from the airport puts you in the Gaslamp district. Everyone greeting me on the way in to the hotel was extremely friendly. Lobby is very open and comfortable with free wireless (not so for the rooms unless you have an Hhonors membership). Check in late in the day on a Sunday was quick and easy, but in the few minutes it took me to get to my room, my Iphone had screwed up my room key. Went and got another one... same pocket, same problem.

Staff was very understanding. Room was clean,comfortable with lots of plug in spots for electronics. TV was a little slow changing channels, but digital stations were clear as a bell. Bathroom was small but adequate for one person. Plenty of closet space and outlets for the iron. Bed was EXCELLENT!

Location is great... Panera and Chipoltle only steps away for reasonable and quick food. Easy to walk around town. Can't comment on in house restaurants, but the "conference food" was fine. Highly recommend for in town business.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear taxman53

Thank you for the detailed review! I am glad to know you enjoyed your stay, and of course our spectacular Heavenly beds. I hope the next time you are in town you get a chance to experience Pinzimini. Our signature restaurant is a favorite with both guests and locals. Definitely worth a try!

Be well,