“Excellent brunch experience!”
Review of Au Revoir Bistro

Au Revoir Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Au Revoir Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #818 of 4,957 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

This place is Hillcrest's best kept brunch secret. We happened upon this restaurant after being turned off by long wait times at other popular uptown establishments. Au Revoir welcomed us with no wait time, great service and delicious food. The French toast was amazing and the prices of most brunch entrees were around $10 or less . What a deal for this savory French food! I will be back soon and also want to try their lunch and dinner. Our waiter Rober was a charming garçon from Lyon with the best little accent, great attitude and excellent service. I can't wait for my next meal here.

1  Thank cblaiz

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I would like more on the menu but everything we have had has been scrumptious. It is relaxed, plenty of good wine to choose from, love the French accents from the staff,the food is excellent. We will return many times-everything from the soup to dessert is always outstanding.

1  Thank tricialew75
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Great food, authentic french. Unfortunately the service is french-style too, they take forever! We sat for nearly 20 minutes waiting for the check before we finally flagged someone down-who knows how long it would have been. The food however worth it-nothing disappointed. The deserts were divine. The outdoor dining is in the parking lot-but inside it seems very french bistro-esque.

1  Thank Cardiotron
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This was my first visit to this neighborhood spot and, while I love French food in the bistro style, Au Revoir could be really fantastic if the service was not so disrupted.

Five of us gathered for a birthday dinner, not an unmanageable number of guests. Escargot, pate, delicious soup, and ... my grenouilles delivered late (they seem to have forgotten about it). All of the appetizers were tasty, but it would have been nicer to have them brought to the table at the same time.

Fast forward to the entree. Duck confit, braised lamb shank, tartine, and...my surf 'n turf delivered without the surf. Back to the kitchen and another wait watching everyone else enjoy.

It all came together at dessert (pudding, creme brulee, and mousse au chocolate) all a hit and we all ate together.

Will I give them another shot? Of course. Maybe it was the Chargers' loss to Denver that disrupted the service and vibe. There is a very nice, albeit limited, wine selection and the pricing is more than fair. There is even a parking lot where your ...carma...can be good.

1  Thank Allan B
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We enjoyed a quick and simple meal on a Thursday night, moules mariniere, boeuf bourgignon nf fabulous lavender frites. Very well priced, fast efficient service and would come again. The food was excellent and well presented.

2  Thank peppersnaps