From the moment you walk into the lobby and are greeted by gorgeous chandeliers and art deco stained glass, there is no doubt this hotel is from a different era. As with most historic hotels, you sacrifice some of the modern conveniences. The elevator is original, sliding gate and all, but slow. The rooms are on the smaller side, but the thick walls and cozy design make up for it. There is a 24 hour bar/restaurant attached, which has good food. The rooftop offers a great view of the city. This hotel is in the heart of the Gaslamp district, so it can be noisy at night. It wasn't bad enough to keep me up/wake me up, but is something of which to be aware. I would definitley stay here again. The staff was excellent...very nice and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This boutique style hotel is centrally located in San Diego's exciting Gaslamp Quarter. We invite you to step back in time to the elegant comforts, friendly hospitality and impeccable service of a bygone era. Opened in 1913 as the St. James Hotel, San Diego's original high-rise luxury hotel, our beautifully restored property is an oasis of historic style for leisure and business travelers. We are 6 1/2 blocks from San Diego's waterfront convention center. It's a pleasant 7 minute walk from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Gaslamp Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn & Suites Gaslamp/ Hotel San Diego
- Ramada Inn And Suites Gaslamp/Convention Center
- Ramada Inn San Diego
- Ramada San Diego