Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Pendry San Diego(San Diego)
  • Room Service
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)
J Street Inn(San Diego)
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
Island Inn(San Diego)
  • Fitness centre
2,057 results
All reviewsconvention centergaslamp quartergreat locationloft roompetco parktrain tracksvalet parkinglight railthe gas lamp districtwithin walking distanceper nightdirectly across the streetrestaurants and barstwo blocksfront desk stafftrolley stopvery nice hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Let me start by saying that I am a Hilton Honors Gold Member and was not shown any appreciation for my gold status. This hotel should not have the Hilton name which is always known for great service and professionalism. Not only did I have to ask for my gold honors welcome package but the front desk attendant had the nerve to act like I had the gall to request one.

Upon checking into my room, I was upset to find dog hair all over the lounge chair and went down to the front desk to request another room....well before I could open my mouth, the same front desk attendant said "What's Up?".....Is this how you address a guest? A how can I help you would have been more appropriate.

I was given a room change to the lofts and called down to housekeeping to request a complete bed change because I seen long hairs in my sheets. When I returned to my room, not only did housekeeping just dump a stack of sheets on the foot of my bed for me to change myself but one of the sheets had a big stain which appeared to be blood.....so gross and unsanitary. The last straw was when I was given two portable heaters because they could not fix the heat in my freezing room .......Are you serious people??? This was truly a "wow" moment. The only manager on duty to address my concerns was a food and beverage manager who was not sure how to handle my issues......I immediately checked out at 11pm at night only to cross a homeless man urinating just 30 feet from the main entrance of the Hilton..Scary! My advice is to stay at the Marriott Marquis where you are treated with respect and they appreciate your business.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bayleigh222
GMHiltonGaslamp, General Manager at Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I hope that you will accept my sincere apologies for the issues that you outlined in your review. We truly appreciate Hilton Honnors members and consistently have a large number in house on any given evening. I am sorry that we did not provide the proper accommodations for you that evening. We hope that we will have a future opportunity to serve you to your complete satisfaction.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

The room at the Hilton was okay. It was clean, comfortable and just what I needed for not staying in my room much. The pool was fine as well. I was at this hotel for a conference and the meeting spaces were fine as well. Nothing stood out to me as being superb but it worked out for what we needed.
The big plus for this hotel is the location! It is right in the middle of the gaslamp district and within walking distance to everything. Just a quick walk across the street to get to the convention center and then over the stairs and back down them to get to the Harbor Drive walking/jogging/biking trail that goes all the way to the airport along the bay. I highly recommend a stroll up the trail for restaurants and attractions like the USS Midway and ferry over to Coronado Island. I used the trail for a running path and it was great!
I also got the schedule for the ferry from the concierge at the hotel and took a day trip over to Coronado Island. I walked across the island, but it is almost 3 miles across, so if you aren't used to walking that long or don't have the time, I recommend other means of transportation.
The concierge was also great for restaurant recommendations and we enjoyed everywhere they sent us. We also walked up to Little Italy one day for a great meal at Trattoria Fantastico (50% off bottles of wine on Tuesdays!). It is quite a walk up to Little Italy as well, but worth it. (It is probably 2.5-3 miles walking each way)
I recommend this hotel for the location if you can get a good deal and expect to be out in the city instead of shut in your room.

Room Tip: higher floors have better views
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This small Hilton can be mistaken for an apartment complex. We stayed there for one night and were very pleased with the room and the help that we received.

The rooms are larger than the ones at the Hyatt Grand Manchester, and the location cannot be beat!

The bellman even told me of a great place to park the car (parking structure next to the ballpark, in front of the omni), and its only two small blocks away. So the next time you are there forget the expensive valet parking, drop off your luggage with the bellman and run over to that parking structure.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Very nice room for a Hilton. We had great service the entire time. This hotel is within walking distance of most attractions in the Gaslamp District.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Ok, so this is hard, as the location of this hotel is perfect for you if you want to go to a ball game or the Convention Center or like me, attend a charity event at a brewery just up the street. I was on business and came with a co-worker so we shared a room. We loved walking the marina and there were tons of great restaurants to enjoy. That's pretty much all the positive I have to say which isn't really about the hotel at all but the location. There are a lot of homeless camping out at night right outside the hotel. There was some San Diego police biking the area, so it was relatively safe, just didn't make for great ambiance.

For a Hilton, I expected better. The rooms were nice with exception to two things that became annoying. The lack of electrical outlets in convenient locations in the room (next to a bed for your phone charger, or next to a mirror for your hair appliances for instance). The full length mirror was on a wall next to the bed. So technically it was not full length at all and therefore useless. My co-worker and I laughed that there were two perfectly suited locations for the mirror but they chose the wall next to the bed.

To their credit, there is free cable internet in each room. But the cable is visibly strung in the hallways at the ceiling. It looks so haphazard and cheezy I forgot I was in a Hilton. It looks like some guy came in and drilled a hole in the hallway ceilings and ran cable, well, actually that's exactly what happened.

My scary moment came when I arrived at my room before my co-worker and got ready for bed. I was asleep for about an hour when she came in. I sat up to greet her, and to my horror there was a stranger standing in my room. Once I sat up and got a handle on the situation, I was shocked to learn that our room key was given out in error for a bachelorette party. I had the girl call the front desk immediately to stop any more keys being given out to our room and to get the right information for the party. An apology was made but the damage was already done with my mistrust of the front desk staff being able to manage important security details of guests. When my REAL roommate arrive we bolted the door.

Would I stay here again? NO. I'd rather have my old favorite Best Western around the bay with a spectacular view and take a cab downtown for an event than deal with too many "little" things out of place that add up in the end.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
GMHiltonGaslamp, General Manager at Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review of the hotel. We appreciate this feedback as it allows us to improve our services as we share all reviews with our staff. I hope that you will accept my sincere apologies for the issues that you outlined in your review. We are in the process of upgrading our wireless internet to the latest Hilton standard and temporarily have cable exposed on some guest floors. Crown molding is currently being installed as the project nears completion. I was very distressed to learn of the mistake made with your room. We have many safeguards in place to prevent this and will personally conduct a training review with our department heads and front desk staff. Thank you again for your feedback and we will be in touch with you to hopefully have an opportunity to win your confidence back.