“Hugh Parking Fees”

Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Ranked #74 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Overall the hotel is well situated and the accommodations were fine. I ate in the coffee shop two mornings and the service was very good. I was relatively pleased until I received my bill and found out that I was paying $41. A day to park my car at the hotel!
The room was $189 but occupancy Tax was $19.85 each day along with a San Diego Tourism fee of $3.78 and a California Tourism fee of $.11. This type of gouging should not be going on.

1  Thank CaliforniaDreaming07
Write a ReviewReviews (1,982)

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The Staff, from valet to clerk to housekeeping, were absolutely terrific in accommodating my physical requirements due to a recent injury. Pleasant, helpful and professional!! Fabulous handicapped accessible room!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

This particular Hilton is closer to a boutique hotel than a typical corporate hotel. I found the staff very helpful and friendly. I originally booked for business, but was evacuated with the May San Diego fires, so it quickly became a different type of visit. All hands helped me with 2 pets. I appreciate the great location in the Gaslamp, easily within walking distance to many great restaurants. Pool is small, but very refreshing. You won't go wrong booking here. Spa facilities are also very good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Hotel is in a great location, service was great and room was very comfortable. Good price point for the location if you are looking for something simple without a ton of amenities. I would definitely stay there again.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

The hotel is right in Gaslamp area with lots of restaurants and bars. Petco Park is just 3 blocks away. It is just across the street from the Convention Center. Good restaurant, good food, Great Staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I stayed here for a recent business meeting, and it was a decent spot. The location is great - walking distance to most spots in the Gaslamp district. The room itself was fine, not great and not terrible. One frustration was never being able to get my wifi to work in my room, despite it working in the meeting rooms in the hotel. The hotel and various amenities certainly weren't cheap, but it's not surprising considering the location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
GMHiltonGaslamp, General Manager at Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review of the hotel. We appreciate this feedback as it allows us to improve our services as we share all reviews with our staff. I apologize that you had some issues with the internet as noted in the review. Our Wi-Fi service normally receives high marks on our guest feedback channels as we are part of the Hilton Stay Connected program. We will be sure to inspect your particular room for any connection issues. Thank you for your positive comments regarding the hotel and we look forward to future opportunities to serve you to your complete satisfaction.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

1. We parked at the Petco parking lot( east two short block) for 36 for the weekend, so no wait for valet, or 40 plus a night for parking.
2.First, I had arranged for some pre check in items and a wine and cheeze plate, and none were there, had to request it.
3. Room was very quiet, heard no street or train noise, room faced the tracks
4. Room was ok, but had to request a plunger two times, and again upon day of check out and they never came, so had to hold it till we got to the lobby. The shower was great as was the A/C.
5. Room service was quick, but cold and average
6. Deli right accross from entrance , had dinks, and prepared foods for the room, room had no frig
7. The staff was excellent, would stay there again.

Room Tip: 1. Park by petco park 2. choose high floor 3. ask for a fan 4 deli across from entrance for drin...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry that your pre-arranged items were not in your room at check in. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you for your comments regarding our friendly staff. We look forward to your next visit to San Diego.