“cozy rooms”

Ranked #74 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
clovis, United States
“cozy rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

When I walked in, it was awkward as there was renovations/remodeling going on with the tile floors. Front staff didn't promptly greet me so there was an awkward moment where I wondered if i was in the correct area to check in. Overall size of the room was standard. However the bathroom was TINY. If you need more bathroom space, I would not recommend this room. Toilet paper is hidden under the sink (surprise); little counter space. The room has an uncomfortable accent chair, good sized desk and bedding is nice. The two lamps on the nightstands did not provide enough lighting. Overall, it was an ok stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

If you are looking for a top notch hotel in the Gaslamp district...look no farther than this Hilton property. I am a Diamond member...and this is one of the nicest properties I have stayed in.

My wife and I stayed in the Lofts across a terrace from the hotel. That was a great location and I recommend it to anyone staying here. It does feel like a boutique experience. We had a great room on the 3rd floor on the north side. We faced a cool bar across the street...but we didn't hear a thing. Our room may have been the quietest room we have ever experienced. The room was tremendous. Very new and fresh. The bathroom was big and spacious with nice features. Our balcony was great as well. Overall, we loved the room and would recommend the Lofts to anyone.

A couple of downers...but nothing major...the restaurant and fitness room. First, we had complimentary breakfast because of my Diamond status. So...we ate at the restaurant because the price was right. However...I am not even sure if free was worth it. Do NOT spend your money on breakfast here. Its terrible. Eggs were runny, sausage was gross, bacon was soggy, they were out of milk for cereal, blah, blah. It was bad overall. My suggestion...go into the Gaslamp district and get a meal at one of the fine local restaurants. I didn't ding the hotel for the breakfast...because it was only one meal...but wow...what a bad meal.

The fitness room is awful...but there is a great place to run right across the street by the convention center. Once you cross over the tracks and over the convention center...you can run along the boardwalk for miles. Its a beautiful run...and it certainly beats the 3 pieces of equipment in the fitness room. I didn't ding the hotel for this either...because I should have never considered running indoors anyway. So, in a weird way, "thanks" for forcing me out and enjoying the beautiful scenery.

Last, be aware of the stout $40 for valet parking. It is what it is.

Don't let these minor issues flaw what is otherwise a fabulous hotel. My wife and I will definitely stay here again if we stay in downtown San Diego.

Room Tip: Stay on the north side of the hotel (away from the trains). Also, try to get a Loft room. They are...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank UsingCommonSense
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We just visited this property and it is in a great location. I paid with hilton points and being a diamond member they still upgraded us to a suite which was very nice. Breakfast service was quite slow and took awhile for coffee/juice refills. That would be my only complaint. Hotel staff was helpful, right in front of the trolley line and the convention center. Enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Weather issues at home caused me to be stuck in SD for the night, so I checked into this hotel--and what a sweet surprise! Lovely rooms, comfortable in every way! The location could not be more ideal, as the gaslamp district has great restaurants and nightlife, coupled with convenient shopping at the nearby mall (Nordstrom, Macy's) and local boutiques and galleries. Super-friendly staff.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GMHiltonGaslamp, General Manager at Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review of the hotel. The hotel does enjoy a great location and is very convenient to the Gaslamp district as well as Petco park and several area attractions. We appreciate your comments on our friendly staff and look forward to your next visit to San Diego.
los angeles, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel is well situated in downtown SD. We were able to meet family and friends at local restaurants and the ball park with ease. We parked our vehicle at 5he hotel and id not have to use it until it was time to leave. Great place!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for your five star "Great Place" review of the hotel. We truly appreciate you taking the time to post a review as we share all guest comments with our staff. The hotel does enjoy a great location and is very convenient to the Gaslamp district as well as Petco park and several area attractions. We look forward to your next visit to San Diego.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

The Hotel is situated in a very good location both for business and pleasure - near good restaurants and malls, night life, culture and even wellness activities. never a dull moment and you will get things done.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights for a conference across the street. Location is perfect for the conference but so do other hotels! The room was $329 per night. It was spacious but bathroom was substandard. There was a big burnt hole in the bathtub, right at where you have to stand for the shower head. There were also stains on the bathroom floor, rust on towel racks. I was also missing a mini fridge. When I asked for a razor, they brought me a used one with obvious stains. Breakfast at the Leaf was just okay. Tables were always sticky and I often found stains on my cups and cutlery. The whole experience was screaming bad management! I will not recommend this hotel. Extremely disappointed.

Room Tip: Choose the room away from the railway if you prefer quiet
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mwmwmw301
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us at our hotel. I understand that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of bathroom and the razor you received and I am deeply disappointed by that. I sincerely apologize for this and that your room was without a mini fridge. I assure you that we will use your review to improve as we work to ensure the comfort and satisfaction for of all our guests. I appreciate your honest feedback as we share all reviews with our staff. We look forward to future opportunities to serve you to your complete satisfaction.