“Great Place for Families”

Extended Stay America - San Diego - Sorrento Mesa
Ranked #226 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Denver, Colorado
“Great Place for Families”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Stayed at this hotel for our recent vacation to San Diego. Lots of positives about this hotel.
First, kitchen, wireless Internet, TV in every room, very comfortable beds (even the rollout),
clean, nice landscaping, good customer service & more affordable relative to other similar
hotels. It was also very convenient to all the San Diego attractions insofar as you are about
25 minutes from Legoland, 25 mintues from downtown San Diego & 12 minutes from La Jolla
beach, but you are not on some major, noisy freeway or have tons of hotels around and thus
are dealing with a lot of traffic, noise and congestion. It's in a quiet business park area, yet
the freeways are not far away and easy to get to. Downsides - not too many options for dining
really close to the hotel except Chili's. Have to drive about 10 or so minutes to get to more
restaurants or stores and the "Grab & Go" breakfast is very limited. All in all though it;s a great
place & great value.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Raymond - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad to hear that we have accomplished our goal of providing guests like yourself with a 'home away from home" experience at our hotel. As well, I am thrilled to hear that our team provided you with great customer service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I would like to say i enjoyed my family getaway. The hotel front desk Demetrius was so welcoming i appreciated him a lot, never going to sorrento mesa it seems like nothing to do. He gave me helpful advice. Now to the room, for the rate Evelyn provided it was great she was really sweet as well, the room was quiet and cleaned. There were only two bad things i could say, when you turn the heater on, if it hasn't been on in awhile it makes the alarm go off for like 5-10 min very loud. In addition, there was the other bad thing, we were downstairs and the upstairs neighbors were really rude between 2-5 am they stay up making noise and it was very unpleasant and couldn't get much sleep on the last night. However, if you have a family and want something near downtown as well as near la mesa etc, this place would be close around 20 min to both areas.

Room Tip: We were on ground floor i would recommend a upper flr just in case you have neighbors however, we ha...
1 Thank shortcake28
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for comments. I'm so pleased to hear that Demetrius and Evelyn were able to provide you and your family with helpful advice on things to do in San Diego and providing you a great room rate.

The housekeeping staff here pride themselves in making sure that all guest rooms are cleaned and your comment reassures that. I do apologize that your stay had a little bump in it due to the guest above your room being loud. T

hank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
LA
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My stay was for a month and business related, I worked long hours and ESA provided great service to me.. The setting was good more like condo type building versus large hotel building. The staff are friendly and very helpful, specially Jennifer at front desk. When ever I asked for anything, it was quickly provided. My room was clean and very functional. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Michael - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to recognize the level of great service that is provided by our associates. Jennifer is a great asset to the team and it is great to know that she was so helpful to you during your stay.

It's great to hear that we will continue to be your lodging choice while in San Diego. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to your continued business.
Newbury Park, California, United States
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I understand these hotels are not fancy, but I do not understand why they should provide us with a stinky disgusting room..
the bath room literally sticks. I had to go bye deodorant and disinfectant in order to spray it. they sent us the maintenance guy after we complaints, and he just came and sprayed with stupid anti-smoke.. couple of sprays and left.

1 Thank Nasser T
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 15 June 2013

hi, I stayed for a month and stay was nice. The service is nice. .April is very friendly with speedy answers and advises and very helpful. Regular housekeeping with clean room and kitchen.
Breakfast is nice. and kitchen is fully equipped with utensils and induction is also available.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Harry - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that the service our staff provided was to your satisfaction. It is also great to hear that April was very helpful. We pride ourselves on presenting each guest with a clean and comfortable room. From reading your comments in regards to our housekeeping service, they tell me that we are doing just that!

Reviewed 14 June 2013

- Very good front desk services and support, e.g. April is very friendly with speedy answers and advices
- Regular housekeeping with clean room and kitchen
- Convenience location with many nearby restaurants and shops

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that to know that our staff was so helpful, especially April who provided you with friendly service and was able to answer all of your questions in a timely matter. As well, I am happy that you enjoyed our location, which is close to restaurants and shops in the area.

Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Rooms not cleaned properly once a guest checks out.
When I checked in, the room was having food left overs of previous guest in the kitchen sink.
Carpet was not clean, and was full of Pet hairs...
Bathroom lights were out.

Should be your last option to Stay.
Many times breakfast would be finshed as they dont forsee the no. of guest in the hotel and qty they have in stock.

Room Tip: Pay couple of dollars extra and choose some other good options available in the near by vicintity.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank sunaad
Sunaad - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the level of cleanliness in your room and that our grab-and-go breakfast was not properly stocked each morning. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am committed to confirming our rooms are cleaned and inspected more thoroughly moving forward. As for our breakfast, the staff and I are going to increase our quantities so that we can continue to provide enough items for all of our guests to enjoy.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at mme@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.