“Excellent experience”

Ranked #83 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
San Diego
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Excellent stay especially on customer service by Marian Foster. She made my stay so easy, effortless, comfortable, and unforgettable experience. I highly recommend this hotel and looking forward for another stay in this same location.

• Stayed August 2014
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear JohnnyMack1221,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley. We are delighted to hear you had an “excellent experience” at our hotel. We work hard in providing our guests with a memorable stay and are thrilled to have accomplished said task. We anticipate your next stay with us and appreciate your feedback regarding the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed here on business trips often (2013 and 2014). The staff are very hospitable and accommodating. I have no complaints with the rooms I stayed in. Ester and Veronica Antonio had been very helpful especially contacting our office and managing administrative related items so I don't have to worry about those things during my stay. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank John Paul C
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley. We are delighted to hear you received “great service” while at our hotel. We strive in providing outstanding quality service and are touched you took notice. We appreciate your kind comments and agree that Ester and Veronica are vital to our team. We hope to see you again, during your next stay in San Diego. Once more, thank you for reviewing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley.
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The hotel is immaculate. The breakfast buffet is good. The pool is clean. Now that we have the basics out of the way, let's discuss the AMAZING SERVICE that we received. We are traveling cross country on a family vacation. We had reservations and stopped at a gas station about 3 miles away as we were almost out of gas. We filled up and our car battery died right there. We got a ride to the hotel from a great guy who works at the transportation team for Qualcomm. It was about 9pm when we finally got to the hotel. The next morning I tried several mobile mechanics and even the local Honda Dealer. No one could or would help us. I went to the front desk and was greeted with a very cheerful voice by CiCi. CiCi asked how she could help me. I told her I had a problem and she replied that "she solves problems for customers." I smiled and said, let's find out. I explained that our car was 3 miles away. I needed a way to get to an auto parts store, buy a battery, and then get back to our car to install it. She enlisted the help of Jorge, another employee at the hotel. She even offered to let us use her car if we needed to. Jorge took me to a parts store. I bought the battery. He took me to the gas station and helped me install the battery and made sure everything was fine before he headed back to the hotel. Simply put, CiCi and Jorge saved us a lot of money and a half a day's vacation by going above and beyond their duties. We are extremely grateful. Best Regards, Bill and Family.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sfamily7
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley. We are delighted to hear our customer service is “far above and beyond”. We appreciate your compliments to CiCi. She really is a gem at the front desk and we are so glad you were happy with her service. We also appreciate your compliments to Jorge. We strive to deliver outstanding quality service and are touched you took notice. We hope to see you again, during your next trip to San Diego and sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley.
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Our room was immaculate. So clean. Everything looked new. Didn't feel like I had to keep my shoes on while walking around the carpet, like some of the other places we've stayed. Breakfast was great. Received wonderful service. Everyone who worked there was very friendly and very accommodating! Thank you to Ester at the front desk! We will stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley. We are delighted to hear our guests rooms are “immaculate” and “so clean”. We work hard in providing a well-maintained property and are pleased you took notice. As you mentioned, we do offer a complimentary breakfast and are thrilled you were able to enjoy it during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again and appreciate your feedback regarding the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

This Holiday Inn Express is near the I-805 freeway and near many restaurants and businesses in San Diego.

My wife and I got in late at night after being on the road for 8 hours. We were greeted by Eli. He was very helpful and efficient in checking us in. He made sure we had water, the proper number of pillows and blanket. Eli was kind enough to approve our late check out for the following day as we were exhausted.

My wife and have consistently experienced exceptional service when choosing Holiday Inn Express for our lodging needs. We were pleased that this hotel lived up to the standards we enjoy.

The room we had was clean and quiet. The bed was firm and comfortable, and the shower pressure was good. Of course the breakfast was good as usual.

Our checkout was efficiently processed by Ester. Ester answered all our questions, was friendly, and helpful in that she made sure we had good directions before taking off to our next destination. Indeed, we had a stress-free rest, which enhanced our driving safety during our many hours on the road.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley. We are delighted to hear that you received “friendly and efficient service” at our hotel. We strive in providing outstanding quality service and are delighted to have accomplished said task. As you mentioned, we are centrally located near several of San Diego’s famous attractions and are delighted you were able to benefit from it during your stay. We hope to see you again, during your next trip to San Diego. Once more, thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley.
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband was sent on a business trip to San Diego and I was lucky enough to go this time.He always asks to stay at a Holiday Inn Express whenever he travels because of the good experiences he has had.What a nice hotel!!The staff were just as friendly and helpful as they could be.The whole property was kept immaculate.They work all day here to keep it clean and neat.The breakfast put out everyday had to many choices,so I had a little of everything!!!Our room was large and I really loved the bathroom update!!!Thank you again,Veronica and staff.I hope to get back soon,Paulette S.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking providing feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley. We are thrilled to hear you had the “best stay ever” at our hotel. We work hard in providing our guests with a well-maintained property, as well as outstanding quality service and are delighted to have accomplished said tasks. As you mentioned, we do offer complimentary breakfast and are glad you were able to enjoy it during your stay. We hope to see you again, during your next trip to San Diego. Once more, thank you for reviewing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley.
South Pole
Reviewed 9 June 2014

A week before my stay here, I started to look for places north of downtown San Diego that were location friendly for work. I do stay with locations from the Intercontinental Hotel Group, but not nearly as much as I did 5-10 years ago. I had never stayed at this property and it fit all of my requirements. I found a slightly better rate on one of the major third party web sites than on Holiday Inn's, so I looked up their "Best Rate Guarantee". It states if the traveler finds a better rate within 24 hours of booking, IHG will extend a complimentary first night to the guest and notify the guest of the decision within 24 hours of notification. Well 24 hours came and went and so did 48 hours. I called the reservations 800 number and asked for guest services. They didn't have a clue about the rate guarantee or what to do about it. I decided to call the Holiday Inn Express in SD and speak to a manager. There wasn't a manager available when I called, but the general manager called me back within the hour and did what I would have never expected her to do: personally guarantee the promise and extend the offer from the IHG website! When I arrived at the hotel, Cece did a nice job of getting me to my room before 1 pm, and upon check out the GM made sure to meet me and introduce herself to me! I can't remember the last time I stayed at a hotel when a manager who worked there put 'their money where their mouth is' and actually gave a s***! They have won a new customer with me, regardless about the idiots at IHG corporate. I hope someone from their offices reads this as a reminder how THIS IS HOW YOU WIN RETURN GUESTS! Thank you Elisa Santos!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Viking94708
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley. We are delighted to hear we “have won a new customer” with you. We strive in providing our guests with outstanding quality service, as well as a memorable stay and are thrilled to have accomplished such task. We look forward to your future stays with us and appreciate your feedback regarding the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley.