“Amazing hotel - Incredible service!!!”

San Diego Marriott Del Mar
Ranked #109 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I am a Marriott platinum elite member and a very loyal customer of Marriott. I was in San Diego for business and had stayed here one night because the location was close to my office. I have stayed at many Marriott properties and was incredibly impressed with this particular hotel because of the warm and friendly service that I had received during my stay. Everyone from valet to the concierge lounge was helpful, polite, and called me by name.

I met Amy Fradsham, the Director of Rooms Operations, while I was checking in. She took care of some reservation details for me and armed me with some tips to make my stay most enjoyable. She presented her card to me and offered the personal service to make all of my future reservations for me.

The hotel is beautiful. There is a wonderful contempory California cuising restaruant with a really hip bar that opens up into a nice outdoor patio. This hotel is located in a business park district but offers the feel of a spa resort, so it is a great place to bring your spouse when you are here for business.

The rooms are standard size and are very clean and comfortable. The beds are dressed with standard Marriott bedding, so you will be sure to have a good night's sleep. There is easy access to the freeway, but it isquiet and relaxing.

This is a typicval Marriott hotel, but what makes it extra special is the exceptional service. I will certainly return here.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 July 2011

Staff is not courteous
Taps do not provide warm water which is a major concern
Service staff throws away all that is used and kept outside without questions, so beware of what is kept on ur tables of ur rooms
Breakfast is shallow for a star hotel

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 6 July 2011

This hotel was nice and I like the fact that they accept dogs.
Close to stuff like restaurants and the race track.
Would stay again.
Was busy due to a wedding and a party at the pool.
Gotta expect that for the July 4th weekend.

Room Tip: We used AAA discount.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2011

My only complaints are:
They charge you $18 for self park and $24 for valet, then $12.95 for internet access, which really adds to the price of the room by the time you're done.
Also, they gave me a room right next to the elevator and in the morning I was kept awake by the sound of the elevators going up and down. When I complained I was told that my profile didn't say I wanted to be away from the elevators and machinery.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Bixter212
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I stayed here for one night while on a business trip and I had a pleasant stay. I found the room design to be fairly bland, but that's subjective. The hotel is located in a business park area and seems to be geared towards business travelers.

The good: Hotel looks fairly new and in good shape, pool area is nice and includes a hot tub, restaurant serves good food and has a good drink selection, bar is pretty busy in the evenings, room was good size, staff was friendly, wireless internet was fast, bath amenities were nice.

The OK: I found the food and wine in the hotel restaurant to be pretty expensive compared to other hotels that I've stayed in, they charge for wireless internet and finding the correct network to use took a little time (I think they had three different stations broadcasting but only one allowed you to sign up for internet).

The bad: nothing.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank nuggets00
Reviewed 30 May 2011

On the surface it seems like a good value but includes little but the room. Parking costs $18 a day, breakfast is not included and is overpriced, and wifi is the usual gouge.
My tip is to decline their parking charge and park on the street just below the hotel (they will tell you about it if you ask). I had no trouble finding a spot there at any hour. If you do, there are many empty business parks in the area and a Double-Tree hotel across the street which always provides free parking for its guests.
I was also annoyed that the bell-hops did a great job unloading our car onto a cart, then left the cart in the lobby instead of bringing it to our room. Also took the front desk two attempts to remove the parking charge from my bill even though it sounded like no problem the first time.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Befink
Reviewed 21 May 2011

This hotel property is upscale and high end. I loved this hotel location, staff and the high quality. I have stayed here several times and would stay here again!

Room Tip: Can't go wrong
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Courtyard San Diego Central
#17 of 279 in San Diego
Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Sheraton Mission Valley San Diego Hotel

Been to San Diego Marriott Del Mar? Share your experiences!