“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #84 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

First time staying at the Marriott Del Mar. Stayed for 3-nights with my family on vacation. Minutes from Del Mar Beach, 20-minutes from San Diego. Pretty centrally located to everything. Very nice pool, hot tub, and gym.
Room was nice, concierge lounge was nice as well. Had one night when something happened and we didn't have water but it was fixed by morning. Only thing I didn't love was the breakfast in the restaurant. I think hotels try to be too fancy. I don't need banana bread french toast. I just want good old fashioned stuff. Other than that it was a great stay.

Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This is a great business hotel in Del Mar. I travel a lot for work and I keep coming back to this property (one of the best Marriott properties in SD). Swanky pool area, clean fitness center, nice onsite restaurant (with sushi!), and one of the best domestic concierge lounges Marriott has - platinum members will appreciate it.

I'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Higher the floor, better the views
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We had a very pleasant stay at the Marriott Del Mar. The hotel is very modern, beautifully decorated . Our room was a corner room , spacious, with a very comfortable bed. The bath had a good shower head, nice amenities and plenty of space around the sink counter. We had gold lounge access which was great. Tasty food and lovely room. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We found many shopping centers around the hotel with many restaurants and snacks available. We would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: high floor,
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Our event at the Marriott, specifically the food and service from Arterra, was phenomenal! They were able to accommodate us last minute with a private room, wait staff and a wonderful lunch. We felt pampered and special. We will definitely return for future private events. Thank you, Arterra!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Lakewood, California
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed here overnight for a work training class and I was very pleased with the cleanliness and modern feel of the hotel. My room was very spacious, clean and the bed was very comfortable, plus the amenities (soap,lotions,towels)in the bath were very nice. Also every staff person I met from the desk to the waitress in the restaurant were sincerely focused on my staying there being the best stay at a hotel. I will recommend this hotel to friends family and co-workers. On a final note, I recently came from a stay at Treasure Island in Las Vegas and this hotel was absolutely better than there.

• Stayed March 2014
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed here overnight for a visit with our family. It was a disappointment in several ways. First, the king room we asked for was not available. Second, we were given literally the worst room in the building, with the view of the giant air conditioning system. (Room 202, for those of you who are wondering. Do not accept this room when you check in.) I understand that someone has to take this bad room sometime. But to give this to a loyal customer with status runs counter to common business sense in my opinion. Finally, the breakfast buffett was also sub-par. It's more at the level of the casual breakfast offered at, say, the Residence Inn. It's not the quality I was expecting from a full service Marriott.

Other than that hotel staff is good. The overall decor is a bit dated, but still ok.

Room Tip: Don't accept room 202.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank siyuen
Brian F, General Manager at San Diego Marriott Del Mar, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Siyuen,

We appreciate your feedback and your patronage. We strive each day to meet and exceed our guest expectations. We apologize for not meeting your expectations on your last visit with us. We hope you will come back and experience the San Diego Marriott Del Mar in a better light. Please contact me directly on your next visit to ensure a better room placement.
San Diego
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Two weeks ago, I held an event with 240+ people at the San Diego Marriott Del Mar, and I have had an opportunity to reflect on why I continue to not only frequent using this hotel, but am proud to say that I hold events there regularly.

The staff is an absolute pleasure to work with, and I would complement the management team for not only hiring such a great group of people who clearly love their job, but are also passionate about making their customers feel valued. Their attention to detail and focusing on customer service has helped ensure that my events, whether they are large of small, are important to them. Whether it is the sales or event team, chefs or banquet staff, they all have a can-do attitude that is so often hard to find.

I look forward to my next event at San Diego Marriott Del Mar, and seeing how far the staff can continue to raise the bar on perfection.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Hampton Inn San Diego/Del Mar
#66 of 279 in San Diego
Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar
Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar

Been to San Diego Marriott Del Mar? Share your experiences!