San Diego Marriott Del Mar
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Les Artistes(Del Mar)
View Hotel
Wave Crest Resort(Del Mar)
  • Pool
All reviewsarterra restaurantthe concierge loungesushi cheffront deskbusiness parktorrey pinespool areaself parkinggreat roomvery nice hotelbusiness tripnice poolper nightfreewaygymplatinumlegoland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The rooms were very nice and large. The exercise room had a lot of weight and aerobic machines. It was so nice and clean with cold water provided. Even the service worker at the exercise room passed out bottled water. It had free weights there also. The grounds are beautifully maintained and secluded from the rest of San Diego. The planes from the naval base can be loud when lounging outside. Shops are located on the premises. Beautiful pool areas with comfortable chairs. There is a nice outdoor bar. The food in the restaurant is just ok, expensive for what you get. It is close to the nice areas in town, walking distance. There is an excellent restaurant next door. We will stay here again and any time we come to San Diego.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views of the water and the city.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My thanks to Jenessa and the event team at the Del Mar Marriott. Our company hosts two events a year and we have been hosting for 7 years. The team does an amazing job! Food, service, delivery and overall hospitality is second to none. We host senior executives from our customer companies at these events so it is very important for things to run smoothly so we can focus on our customers. Jenessa and her team have never let us down. They are just great to work with and make my life so easy with all the planning! We will always host our events with them! Great job guys!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed here for three days. I had a nice room on the 8th floor in the corner. I also had access to the concierge. That was the best experience of all! Rose was amazing! I requested special food and she had it ready for me every morning for breakfast. She was professional and friendly. I really enjoyed my breakfast and evening dinner.

The rest of the hotel staff were friendly and professional.

Nice place to stay! Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Chose a room not facing Interstate 5 as it can get noisy starting at 5am in the morning.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I have been staying at the Residence Inn across the street for business meetings. I love going to eat at the restaurant, Arterra at the Del Mar Marriott. The have a fabulous sushi chef, great happy hour and comfortable surroundings that make my time away from home more enjoyable!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is located in an office park area right off the highway so it does not offer the "Del Mar" vibe. However, if you leave the hotel and turn left in about a mile there is a wonderful shopping area with Starbucks, bakery, greek resturant, searsuckers, and many other resturants, bars and stores. You are also only a short ride to Del Mar downtown/beach and even a shorter ride to Torrey Pines. The hotel itself is very nice typical Marriott with a great pool and outdoor bar area.
Drink and food prices, especially drinks are on the high side and service is ok. Bottom line is the hotel appears to focus on business people during the week and wedding/family functions on the weekends.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family