“Quick stay”

Courtyard San Diego Central
Ranked #25 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

We had stayed for a quick turn around in San Diego & courtyard SD central was very accommodating to our teams needs. We booked a bit late & they still was able to assist our families with room type & a few other request. Our contact personnel was wonderful and she was quick to reply to any questions I had. Thank you Kimmy.

If we need to stay in that part of SD in the future, I would definitely stay at the Courtyard SD Central.

• Stayed: October 2013
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

We love sports teams! Thank you for choosing the Courtyard San Diego Central for your stay and I a so pleased we were able to accommodate your last minute requests. I will definitely share your kinds words with Kimmy!

We hope to see you soon.

Cheers,

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed at Courtyard San Diego Central Sept 25-28, 2013. What an unexpected pleasure! Low key, quiet, very nice decor, beautiful grounds, pool and hot tub. The room we had was spacious. We stayed in a room with 2 queens and a balcony that looked out onto the pool area. Very nice view. This first night I had a problem with the tub holding water. I call the front desk and Clyde Thomas from engineering was there in a matter of a few minutes and had the problem fix in less than 15 min. On the second night, I had a problem with the refrigerator; again I called the desk and once again Mr Thomas was at our room in a matter of minutes and helped us with the refrigerator. The last day of our stay I had an issue with the computers in the office center. Who do you think was there? Clyde Thomas--problem fixed in a few minutes. Mr Thomas gave excellent service: courteous, professional, quick, and knowledgeable. What more could you ask for in service. (It sounds like a lot of problems, but these were very minor).

We only ate at the on site restaurant once and that was for breakfast. My husband and I both had the breakfast buffet. The food was really good and so was the service.

This hotel is centrally located and we had no problem getting anywhere from this location. Traffic was NOT an issue at any time of the day (although we usually left at 8:30 am). I would definitely stay here again!!!! Thanks Courtyard Marriott Central!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Clyde is our hero! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to share your kind words with Clyde. Please come back soon to be able to enjoy, dinner, lunch or room service.

Have a great day.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Not a fancy resort, just a nice clean, quiet, professional hotel where I can do some work and get a good night sleep. I have stayed here several times and it is always nice. They do get a lot of student groups but I have never had an issue with partying etc.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thank you for your continual support. We love to see familiar faces time and time again walk through our front doors. I am glad we are your home in San Diego.

See you soon!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Conveniently skipped the part of handing the breakfast coupons, although it was in the rate. Charged for breakfast and never reversed them. Requested for a "toothpaste", yeah a simple toothpaste, to get a reply, WE DON'T HAVE ONE. Towels can be used for doormats.

2  Thank MYTRIP1980

I am truly sorry for the poor experience. Forgetting something like toothpaste, when traveling, can be such a inconvenience and we absolutely need to be able to accommodate your needs. I apologize we made an error in your breakfast charges. I hope that you give me the opportunity to make it right.

Please reach out to me at tiffanym@cy-kearnymesa.com or 858-633-9020 so I can assist.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

This is my 5th time travelling to the Marriott Courtyard and whilst the rooms could do with an upgrade (noisy aircon) the service demonstrated by the team is outstanding. Our office is close by but as long as you have a car this hotel is handy for all of the SD attractions.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Davejlewis
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you very much for your loyalty and I am pleased that we impress you with our service. My apologies about the A/C unit, and this is certainly we can do a better job on.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I am a repeat customer at this location and it is ideal for hosting groups of students. I often book multiple rooms for students and chaperons and I have never heard any complaints from students or adults. The rooms are spacious, great lobby to hang out in and the breakfast is good.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2013

Thank you very much for being such a loyal guest. I am very pleased that your past experiences have been very positive.

It is our desire to make you look good. Please keep on coming!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. It was close to all of our activities and destinations. I was especially impressed with and appreciative of Joe, the man who checked us in. I was unable to secure a double queen room on the Internet so I booked a king with a sofa bed. My two teenaged daughters traveled with us and I knew they weren't going to be comfortable sleeping four nights in such a small bed without a proper mattress. Joe was so helpful and accommodating. For no extra charge, he found a spacious room on the top floor with a balcony overlooking the pool and two beds and a sofa. We were SO much more comfortable and happy with our stay because of his attention. Clean pool and rooms. Gracious and professional staff. The only small negative was my husband found some brown stains on one of the towels in the bathroom. Not a really big deal, but keeps me from giving five stars. Breakfast buffet was good and offered made-to-order omelettes; but with the $15 price per person, we opted to go elsewhere after the first morning for a less expensive meal. Overall, it was pleasant and positive. We will return if we are again in the area.

Room Tip: I would ask for the fourth floor. That is the top floor so you don't have any noise above you...