“VacationBliss”

Ranked #10 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Cincinnati, Ohio
“VacationBliss”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed in the Courtyard San Diego Central for an extended weekend in mid-October and were EXTREMELY pleased with our experience, our room, the breakfast quality and selection, location...just all of it. From the friendly and personable staff (willing to take pictures of us upon request...thank you Emory) to the very responsive and attentive dining staff all the way to the housekeeping staff who added the cute and personal touch of accenting our made bed with the stuffed animals that we won at the Santa Monica Pier when we returned from our adventurous day out. The entire experience contributed to what turned out to be our best vacation yet!
I would highly recommend this hotel, with its spacious rooms, lovely atmosphere and friendly staff :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
We are so thankful to be a part of your, "best vacation yet!" Our team aims to be, "World Famous," to make experiences like yours everyday. I will definitely thank Emory and our housekeeping staff.

We hope to see you again.

Warm regards,

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard the second week of October while on a business trip. I was pleased with the overall experience. The rooms were spacious and clean. The location was centralized although not real close to any of the beaches or attractions someone may be seeking in southern California. Everything seemed to be about a 15 minute drive or more. The staff was outstanding. Everyone was friendly and helpful. They had a nice restaurant that served a great breakfast buffet as well as a decent dinner selection. In addition, they had a great bar area with access to a patio near the pool with a great fireplace. Great way to unwind after a busy day. I didn't notice any children. The hotel seemed to be geared for business travelers with the business center access as well as a number of conference rooms. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room with a balcony overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jason g
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your great experience. I will certainly share your positive comments with the restaurant team. The outdoor fireplace on a cool San Diego evening is a great way to unwind. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Have a great day.

Moorpark, California
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

We had stayed for a quick turn around in San Diego & courtyard SD central was very accommodating to our teams needs. We booked a bit late & they still was able to assist our families with room type & a few other request. Our contact personnel was wonderful and she was quick to reply to any questions I had. Thank you Kimmy.

If we need to stay in that part of SD in the future, I would definitely stay at the Courtyard SD Central.

• Stayed October 2013
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
We love sports teams! Thank you for choosing the Courtyard San Diego Central for your stay and I a so pleased we were able to accommodate your last minute requests. I will definitely share your kinds words with Kimmy!

We hope to see you soon.

Cheers,

Kingfisher, Oklahoma
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed at Courtyard San Diego Central Sept 25-28, 2013. What an unexpected pleasure! Low key, quiet, very nice decor, beautiful grounds, pool and hot tub. The room we had was spacious. We stayed in a room with 2 queens and a balcony that looked out onto the pool area. Very nice view. This first night I had a problem with the tub holding water. I call the front desk and Clyde Thomas from engineering was there in a matter of a few minutes and had the problem fix in less than 15 min. On the second night, I had a problem with the refrigerator; again I called the desk and once again Mr Thomas was at our room in a matter of minutes and helped us with the refrigerator. The last day of our stay I had an issue with the computers in the office center. Who do you think was there? Clyde Thomas--problem fixed in a few minutes. Mr Thomas gave excellent service: courteous, professional, quick, and knowledgeable. What more could you ask for in service. (It sounds like a lot of problems, but these were very minor).

We only ate at the on site restaurant once and that was for breakfast. My husband and I both had the breakfast buffet. The food was really good and so was the service.

This hotel is centrally located and we had no problem getting anywhere from this location. Traffic was NOT an issue at any time of the day (although we usually left at 8:30 am). I would definitely stay here again!!!! Thanks Courtyard Marriott Central!!

Green Features: This hotel had a basket for things that could be recycled.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Clyde is our hero! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to share your kind words with Clyde. Please come back soon to be able to enjoy, dinner, lunch or room service.

Have a great day.

Hastings, Nebraska
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Not a fancy resort, just a nice clean, quiet, professional hotel where I can do some work and get a good night sleep. I have stayed here several times and it is always nice. They do get a lot of student groups but I have never had an issue with partying etc.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Thank you for your continual support. We love to see familiar faces time and time again walk through our front doors. I am glad we are your home in San Diego.

See you soon!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Conveniently skipped the part of handing the breakfast coupons, although it was in the rate. Charged for breakfast and never reversed them. Requested for a "toothpaste", yeah a simple toothpaste, to get a reply, WE DON'T HAVE ONE. Towels can be used for doormats.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MYTRIP1980
I am truly sorry for the poor experience. Forgetting something like toothpaste, when traveling, can be such a inconvenience and we absolutely need to be able to accommodate your needs. I apologize we made an error in your breakfast charges. I hope that you give me the opportunity to make it right.

Please reach out to me at tiffanym@cy-kearnymesa.com or 858-633-9020 so I can assist.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Sydney
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

This is my 5th time travelling to the Marriott Courtyard and whilst the rooms could do with an upgrade (noisy aircon) the service demonstrated by the team is outstanding. Our office is close by but as long as you have a car this hotel is handy for all of the SD attractions.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Davejlewis
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Thank you very much for your loyalty and I am pleased that we impress you with our service. My apologies about the A/C unit, and this is certainly we can do a better job on.

Hope to see you again soon.

Jürgen Oswald