“Oversold Hotel - On the street at midnight looking for another room” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard San Diego Central

Courtyard San Diego Central
Ranked #11 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Denver
“Oversold Hotel - On the street at midnight looking for another room”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

Showed up at this Courtyard at midnight after a long 18 hour day and was told that although they had my reservation they were completely full. In all my years of travel I've never been bumped from a hotel - until now. It won't happen again, at least at this hotel - never again will I trust them with my travel and I'll make darn sure our corporate travel agency knows how they operate.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank COFamilyTruckster
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
COFamilyTruckster,
I am truly sorry that this happened. You are right, this is not acceptable and I hope that this experience does not resonate for future stays with Marriott. You deserve the flawless experience that the Marriott name offers and we did not perform.

I appreciate you sharing your experience and I hope that the accommodations that were offered suited your needs.

With regards,

Tiffany Marcelino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Here for business , i found this property in good shape , clean and staffed with friendly helpful people. Its located in a central business area with no real amenities within walking distance . As a jogger, however, i did appreciate the long flat side walked avenues. There is also a very nice courtyard and pool . I enjoyed my stay and will book it again

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
ctsv157,

I am so pleased that our sunny San Diego weather allowed you to take advantage of the jogging around the hotel. If you do happen to get back when the weather is not as agreeable we do have a 24-hour fitness center that will allow you to keep up your routine.

Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Our organization needed a place close to our event for the weekend. The Courtyard and all staff we dealt with before and during our weekend was very accommodating with all our needs. I would highly recommend.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Heidi S,

I am so pleased that your meeting was a success. I will be sure to share your kind words with our catering and banquet staff.

Thank you again and have a great week.

Regards,

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel for the weekend for the Chargers/Cowboys game. The room was large, comfortable and clean. The hotel staff was really friendly and helpful with the area. The proximity to Qualcomm was excellent although there isn't too much else in the area. We did venture down to the Gaslamp district for dinner and the ride wasn't too long (maybe 15 minutes). There are also some gas stations and stores like Rite-Aid and Target in the near by area if you need anything late at night. We weren't in town to be tourists so it suited us quite well. The hotel seemed to be full of football fans and had a great atmosphere in the lobby/dining area. Also free wifi is always a perk. Overall, felt very comfortable and all needs were met/exceeded. I would definitely come back to this hotel again if traveling for a game.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NJGirlvTheWorld
NJGirlvTheWorld,

Thank you for taking time to look us up and share your experience so many months later! That is great! I hope you were able to meet our bartender Don, and have a quick cocktail at the Gazebo Bar. Even though the Chargers are not facing the Cowboys in the 2014 season, we hope to welcome you back soon.

San Clemente, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have been using this hotel for a few years to travel my Girls water polo team. This is an ideal location to any area in San Diego, The hotel is centrally located with the Marriott standard of excellence. In addition working with Kimmy Bui has made the trips flow smoothly. She understands the needs of teams traveling as well as the accommodating the various changes that group travel creates. If you are looking for a high quality place that is totally accommodating for your group then look no further. We will be using this courtyard for many more trips in the future.

Room Tip: The two room suites are fantastic.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Pat H.
You made my day! Thank you so much for recognizing Kimmy and our team for their hard work. We look forward to hosting your team again soon. I will be sure to pass along your message to Kimmy as well.

Thank you again and have a great week.

Dayton, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

Rosa is very accommodating and has looked after our groups needs and service during our stay and made us feel like locals and most of all friends. Our group is here on business, this will be a good experience because of the staff and her effort to make us comfortable and accommodate our needs.

Room Tip: Stay on the inside of the hotel area overlooking the pool it is quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Tim,

It is such a pleasure to hear your kinds words. Thank you so much for recoginizing Roza! She is a great asset to our team and I know that she is my go-to-gal for all the local spots! I am so glad that she shared her expertise with you and your coworkers.

We hope you come visit us again soon.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I traveled with my basketball program and the stay was extraordinary. It was a group of 25 and we were able to enjoy our stay without incident and the hospitality was first class. My basketball program was treated to complimentary breakfast and I will forever be grateful and appreciative of the kind people who made our trip better.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Torino J,

We loved having your team here! I hope that we can host your team for your next visit to San Diego. Your girls were so great.

Have a great year and good luck in your next game.