“Cleanliness Needs Improvment”

Ranked #11 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Plano, Texas
“Cleanliness Needs Improvment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

My husband stays here frequently on business and when I get a chance I join him. I agree with other travelers that it is a prime location for groups and business functions and many times there is a lot of activity and noise, not only in the hallways but the patio area, which can go on late outside in the evenings.
The staff is friendly and helpful but cleanliness is going downhill. The carpets are stained in so many rooms and common areas as well. On our last stay, the carpet in our room had dark splotches in several places, one in particular was very gooey and if you forgot to avoid walking over it your feet would stick to it – not acceptable! When I dropped something by the nightstand and went to retrieve it I was hesitant due to the debris that was under there! We have commented to them about this and hopefully things will improve.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Roxanne M, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your feedback as it is vital for us to continue to improve our service and accommodations. It appears that you may have also spoken to someone on property about your experience. As a result we have taken measures to address your concerns. Our entire property is scheduled for carpet cleaning this week. Additionally we have mandated a 10pm noise curfew for our patio area moving forward. We hope that these corrective steps will improve our guests experience overall. We appreciate your time and comments and we hope that we are given another opportunity to accommodate you and your husband the next time your travel needs bring you back to the San Diego area. Please reach out to me directly if you wish to discuss your experience further. I appreciate your time.

Best regards,

Roxanne Marlow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Palm Springs, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I should have connected the dots when I read the glowing reviews about how this property is 'great for sports teams', because the hotel was filled with them--Noisy, drunk and loud college students in large groups partying in their rooms until early morning hours. We came to for a romantic weekend getaway weekend for Valentine's Day and it's been an utter disaster. After the first night I complained to the front desk in the morning and was basically told they were aware of the problem and were 'cracking down'--but they offered no apology and no possible solution. A move to a different room for our second night, might have been a solution. Since I got no where at the front desk, I wrote to Marriott's customer care and did receive a sympathetic response fairly quickly with the promise that Andy, the desk manager would be contacting me. We never heard from anyone in management. Our second night was as bad as the first,and this time were were forced to call the front desk to complain. Security did come up to the room next door and loudly proclaimed. "Your neighbors have complained twice"--nice, let's just tell the perps exactly who's complaining so we can be targeted. Overall this as a terrible weekend and a disappointing experience. I will never be back and the lack of response to our complaints from the management here was stunning--obviously they couldn't care less.

Room Tip: Find an alternate hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Eric W
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Eric,
I am so sorry for your experience. I could not imagine how disappointed I would be if I planned a romantic weekend and the hotel and it's guests ruined my weekend. Our management team takes guests issues very seriously and will absolutely learn from our mistakes this weekend. I will certainly address the lack of response and hope we have the opportunity to make this up to you.

Denver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

Showed up at this Courtyard at midnight after a long 18 hour day and was told that although they had my reservation they were completely full. In all my years of travel I've never been bumped from a hotel - until now. It won't happen again, at least at this hotel - never again will I trust them with my travel and I'll make darn sure our corporate travel agency knows how they operate.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank COFamilyTruckster
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
COFamilyTruckster,
I am truly sorry that this happened. You are right, this is not acceptable and I hope that this experience does not resonate for future stays with Marriott. You deserve the flawless experience that the Marriott name offers and we did not perform.

I appreciate you sharing your experience and I hope that the accommodations that were offered suited your needs.

With regards,

Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Here for business , i found this property in good shape , clean and staffed with friendly helpful people. Its located in a central business area with no real amenities within walking distance . As a jogger, however, i did appreciate the long flat side walked avenues. There is also a very nice courtyard and pool . I enjoyed my stay and will book it again

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
ctsv157,

I am so pleased that our sunny San Diego weather allowed you to take advantage of the jogging around the hotel. If you do happen to get back when the weather is not as agreeable we do have a 24-hour fitness center that will allow you to keep up your routine.

Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Our organization needed a place close to our event for the weekend. The Courtyard and all staff we dealt with before and during our weekend was very accommodating with all our needs. I would highly recommend.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Heidi S,

I am so pleased that your meeting was a success. I will be sure to share your kind words with our catering and banquet staff.

Thank you again and have a great week.

Regards,

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel for the weekend for the Chargers/Cowboys game. The room was large, comfortable and clean. The hotel staff was really friendly and helpful with the area. The proximity to Qualcomm was excellent although there isn't too much else in the area. We did venture down to the Gaslamp district for dinner and the ride wasn't too long (maybe 15 minutes). There are also some gas stations and stores like Rite-Aid and Target in the near by area if you need anything late at night. We weren't in town to be tourists so it suited us quite well. The hotel seemed to be full of football fans and had a great atmosphere in the lobby/dining area. Also free wifi is always a perk. Overall, felt very comfortable and all needs were met/exceeded. I would definitely come back to this hotel again if traveling for a game.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NJGirlvTheWorld
NJGirlvTheWorld,

Thank you for taking time to look us up and share your experience so many months later! That is great! I hope you were able to meet our bartender Don, and have a quick cocktail at the Gazebo Bar. Even though the Chargers are not facing the Cowboys in the 2014 season, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards,

San Clemente, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have been using this hotel for a few years to travel my Girls water polo team. This is an ideal location to any area in San Diego, The hotel is centrally located with the Marriott standard of excellence. In addition working with Kimmy Bui has made the trips flow smoothly. She understands the needs of teams traveling as well as the accommodating the various changes that group travel creates. If you are looking for a high quality place that is totally accommodating for your group then look no further. We will be using this courtyard for many more trips in the future.

Room Tip: The two room suites are fantastic.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Pat H.
You made my day! Thank you so much for recognizing Kimmy and our team for their hard work. We look forward to hosting your team again soon. I will be sure to pass along your message to Kimmy as well.

Thank you again and have a great week.

Warm regards,