“Overall, very good with a couple minor set backs”

Courtyard San Diego Central
Ranked #11 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Trumbull, Connecticut
“Overall, very good with a couple minor set backs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel was clean, beds comfy, staff very friendly, rooms are large. Only cons were a slow elevator (4th floor), long hallways (hopefully you don't forget anything!) and lighting at vanity way too low. It is not near anything, you will need a car, and parking is sparse. I did not try the pool.

Room Tip: get a lower room, either near the end of the hallway or lobby.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank trvvlngkim
Roxanne M, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear trvvlngkim,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard Marriott San Diego Central. I am pleased to know you found the rooms large,the hotel clean, the beds comfy and our staff very friendly! .We look forward to teh opportunity to accomdoate you again the next time your travel plans bring you to the San Diego area.

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed here for a few nights as it is close to our office. Not sure there's that much about in walking distance.

Rooms are comfortable and service is efficient and friendly. The pool looked nice but alas no time to try it. Breakfast is good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Baxie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We truly value our “road warriors” that spend so much of their time visiting Marriott hotels while on business travel. The breakfast from the Gazebo Grill, our on-site restaurant, is very convenient so our travelers can get moving with their busy schedule – the breakfast burrito is my favorite! We hope that you can visit us with friends and family next time you are in San Diego and take advantage of the 84 degree heated pool.

Cheers,

Bethpage, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

What a great trip to beautiful San Diego for my daughters college soccer showcase. The Courtyard San Diego Central was awesome. From the quick check in to the wonderful breakfast they offered our team. The outside courtyard area, pool and fireplace were great. We enjoyed the pool during the day and hung out by the fireplace each night. The rooms were clean and service top notch. A big thank you to Kimmy Bui for helping me out with all the planning. If your in the San Diego area book a room at the Courtyard San Diego Central. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2014
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Margaret,

It was such a pleasure to host your daughter’s soccer team and their families last weekend. I am glad that our sunny San Diego weather allowed you to enjoy the pool during the day and warm up next the fire when the evening cooled down. I will be sure to share your kind words with Kimmy – she is certainly a super star! We hope to see you back next year.

Warm regards,

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a few times for business and it has been very good. The location is perfect for my needs, it is clean and the staff are extremely friendly and customer focused.

Today I am writing because I met a colleague there for lunch. I was very skeptical when I walked in. Pretty basic Courtyard Marriott atmosphere. But, again....from the very first contact with an employee, it was a great experience. Larry went out of his way to find me a diet coke (despite the fact that Marriott is a Pepsi house). He was extremely polite and professional. And we both loved our food. Me....the veggie wrap and my colleague a great chicken salad.

Is it fine dining....of course not. But is was a very good lunch at a great price with perfect service. One more reason to check this place out for business or even if you are traveling to SD and happen to get a great deal. It is very close to many of the attractions including the zoo.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank austinjjc
Roxanne M, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Austinjjc,

I am so pleased to see your positive comments regarding your experience at the Courtyard Marriott San Diego Central. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We strive to provide our guests with excellent service and accommodations. Larry in our restaurant is a shining example of our vision. Furthermore I am pleased to know that you found our hotel clean and the location perfect for your needs. I will be sure to share your feedback with our staff. We look forward to the opportunity to accommodate you the next time your travel plans bring you to the San Diego area.

Washington, DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

The hotel staff could not have been nicer or more helpful but a smell permeated the hotel room. I'm not sure if it was just overuse of smelly sanitizers or if it was mold but for a while I wondered if I would need to move. I eventually adjusted to the smell and very much appreciated the Starbucks, bar and wonderful staff. Truly had it not been for the smell this hotel would have rated five stars. The location is convenient and the amenities are nice.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Roxanne M, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Teresa,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay at the Courtyard Marriott San Diego Central. Your comments are important to us as they assist with improving our service and accommodations. I apologize that your stay with us was anything less than perfect. There is no excuse for the unpleasant smell you experienced during your stay. Based upon your comments I cannot tell exactly where the location of your room was or where the smell may have originated. I would really appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience with you further in hopes to resolve the situation. Although your stay was not perfect I do appreciate your positive comments about the hotel staff. Please reach out to me directly if I can be of any service.

Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed here two nights. The hotel is very quiet, very clean and the bed is comfortable. You can also open the windows! We wanted to watch a basketball play-off game and the desk clerk called a local sports bar to confirm they would be showing the game and then printed off directions for us. I feel that is very good service. There is a bar in the lobby and also a Starbucks. The breakfast is extra and we didn't eat it, but it looked good. There is a large pool and nice seating…lots of kids having fun the pool on the weekend. We had an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear PKWTraveler,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about the Courtyard Marriott San Diego Central. We truly appreciate you sharing your feedback. I am pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed for only one night but would definitely stay here again. The staff is professional, friendly, and efficient. The rooms are spacious, quiet, and clean. The bed was very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Ibaol,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. The Marriott bedding package is my favorite. I hope you were able to get and see the city and attractions during your night away. We hope to welcome you back if your travels bring your to San Diego.

Regards,