Hampton Inn San Diego - Downtown
US$261
US$652
HardRockSD.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$233
  • Beachfront
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$256
US$224
US$236
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
US$242
  • Pool
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$190
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Pacific Terrace Hotel(San Diego)
US$328
US$299
  • Beachfront
1,698 results
All reviewsmaritime museumtrolley trackspacific highwaycruise terminalseaport villagelight railfree shuttlewithin walking distanceairport shuttleconvention centerfree breakfasttwo blocksuss midwayshuttle servicethe breakfast areafront desk staffconvenient location
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We've stayed at this hotel multiple times. There is a trolley stop behind the hotel that makes it so easy to get to many of "must do's" while in the city. The harbor and tour boats are walking distance. And if you're a runner, it's a great location, running along the harbor. The airport shuttle is convenient and quick. The staff is beyond helpful and accommodating and the breakfast is full of choices!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
GM_Miguel, General Manager at Hampton Inn San Diego - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear "Scott M" reading that the staff at the Hampton Inn San Diego Downtown is beyond helpful rings like music to my ears! I am so very glad that you are a repeat guest and there is nothing we would like more that to keep you as a continued guest when you are in San Diego. If I can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

This hotel is in a fabulous location on the harbor. Our room had a wonderful view of the pool and harbor. The staff was like family; very helpful and so very friendly. We took advantage of the free shuttle to the airport and around town as well. Great service. Breakfast was excellent and the entire hotel was VERY clean! Highly recommended!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear "Jane B", reading that our staff is like family warms my heart!. Daily we reinforce to our associates that we want to welcome our guest that decide to spend time at our property with our best service and smile and it looks like we are accomplishing that. I hope this will not be the last time that you give us your lodging preference and choose the Hampton Inn San Diego Downtown for your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

They are next to train tracks. They give you ear plugs, use them! I didn't use them the first night I was there and did not sleep at all. Also, I had my bags and my sister's bags and there was no one to help me take them to the 5th floor.

2  Thank Michelle V

Dear "Michelle V", I am so sorry that we did not have anyone to help you with bags. If you do not mind me asking, what time of the day was this? Also, it would be helpful to find out if you asked for help and we did not have anyone available or if we just did not offer it to you when we saw you struggle with more bags than one person could handle? Your feedback to me is so valuable as with any interaction we have that is less than exceptional we can learn from it. I encourage you to respond through this forum or contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We chose this hotel because it offered an airport shuttle and was close to the trolley system. While others mentioned the objectionable trolley/train noise, we had no trouble with it and from our room we could actually see the trains. While there were brief moments when there was noise, it was certainly manageable and so the earplugs thoughtfully provided by the hotel and the noise machine which played soothing sounds were neither used nor needed. That said, we found the property exceptional for its price and location: it was just around the corner from the trolley, Little Italy and its excellent restaurants were a short walk away, and while a bit further, the many harbor attractions were only a very enjoyable walking experience from the hotel. Breakfast was excellent, the hotel modern, in excellent repair, and very clean. The front desk personnel were extraordinarily helpful and arranged for the hotel shuttle to take us to the zoo and to then return us back "home" six hours later which was perfect. As we had a very early flight from San Diego, the shuttle got us to the airport in plenty of time for our flight to the East coast. All in all, it was just an exceptional visit made even more special by the excellent hotel staff.

Room Tip: If a very light sleeper, you may want to request a room which is not exposed to the trolley/train noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear "GauangellochTraveler", I do not know what to say other than thank you for your business and to ask for your repeat business should you have future lodging needs! Your comments as a senior contributor here mean a lot to us. Again, thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn San Diego Downtown.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Other reviews mentioned earplugs. The noise from the trains is not that bad, IMOP, but clearly it has bothered a number of travelers. I'd suggest you listen in your room for a few minutes before unpacking. The commuter trains come by frequently. Also note that the AC units are the noisy types. I preferred just leaving the windows open, as nights in SD are always cool.
GREAT location. Oceanside attractions, downtown, or the Gaslamp area are walkable (Its hilly).
Clean rooms, polite staff. Cheap but maxed-out parking.
At first, I thought the area might be sketchy. But, as I walked around, I realized there are lots of homeless throughout SD. Just the way it is.
I have no problem recommending this hotel and would happily stay here again. Heck - let's just say that I plan to do so.

Room Tip: Wait a few minutes in the room for a train to go through a crossing to see how tolerable it is.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear "Joseph B" thank you for your kind words about the staff, clean rooms, and the convenient location of the Hampton Inn San Diego Downtown. Thank you also for stating you would be apt to recommend our hotel. I am sorry about the parking and our city's prevalent transient community, after all we have great weather and hence a possible reason for it. We hope to have earned your future business!