“Rather hard to get to.”

Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa
Ranked #186 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
“Rather hard to get to.”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Staff were very friendly and rooms were nice. Stayed there 4 nights while visiting family. My last day there no one cleaned my room. They claim it was because that night was used with my points and figured I checked out. I still would have assumed they would have needed to clean it after I checked out. The elevator has not been inspected since November of 2012. It had a letter posted inside to show they wrote to request an inspection, but still had not been done.

Stayed May 2014
Sully C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear kuupio59

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay.

We are thrilled to hear that you were happy with our staff and rooms. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service in Mira Mesa and we are glad you noticed!

However the fact that your room was not serviced when it should have been is not acceptable and this specific instance has been addressed by our housekeeping department.

Regarding your concerns about our elevator, first let me say that the elevator was in fact inspected in April of 2013. Because the safety of our guests is very important to us, three months before our elevator certificate was to expire, in January of 2014, we contacted the Department of Industrial Relations to request an inspection. We are waiting for that inspection.

Take care, and we can't wait to host you again,

Sully Cox, Front Desk Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel and was very pleased. The staff was courteous and friendly. They were very helpful in terms of providing directions and gas stations and so forth. The rooms were clean and overall had a good stay. The pool area could use some sprucing up. The breakfast buffet is free and the food was tasty with a decent variety of items.
The reason why I was disappointed with the hotel is when my uncle woke up to a naked man standing in his room, the hotel did not immediately call the police. They knew the man to be a hotel guest and they gave an excuse about how the door must not have been closed all the way or due to the heat, the doors malfunction or something like that. Thankfully no one was hurt but I felt that the hotel did not do a good job handling the situation. Not sure if I will return do to the safety concerns.

Room Tip: This is a great location. Located right off the highway and close to shopping and eateries.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cylantro
Sully C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Cylantro,

First off I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Also, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay.

While a tasty breakfast, clean rooms and friendly staff are the norm here at The Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa, the security issue you experienced is absolutely not. The incident is under investigation. On behalf of the entire team, please accept our apology.

We hope that you may choose to give us another chance to exceed your hospitality needs in the future. A chance to be perfect.

Warm regards,

Sully Cox, Guest Relations Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at plenty of Holiday Inn Express hotels before, but the hospitality of the front desk clerk is what set this one apart from the rest! Great front desk experience! Location is good, right off the highway and easy to find! Wished I had more than just an overnight stay there! Oh, and the cookies at the front desk where a welcome surprise! Nice touch!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Slick12
Dear Slick12,

First off thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel, we know you have many options to fit your lodging needs, and we are so glad to have hosted you.

We are thrilled to hear what you had to say about our front desk staff, but we are not surprised. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service in Mira Mesa! Rest assured, every time you come back you will be just as pleased. And we will be just as thrilled to have you back. Maybe next time stay for more than just a night?

Again, thank you so much, and we hope to see you again,

Sully Cox, Guest Relations Manager
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Upon our check in, we walk into a rag and a bottle of liquid cleaner.
Maybe the staff forgot it. When my mom went to the bathroom to take shower. The towels are yellowish. I'm not sure if they were washed or clean. Curly hair hanging in the wall next to hair blower bag.
What kind housekeeping Department this hotel got?
Breakfast lady duty wednesday. She need to go. She is not cleaning enough. My mom step on cerials in the floor. Bacon is left overs.
We are away from home, we need to look a place where we can find comfortability. Bathroom condition is bad. Molds are seen. Internet is very very slow.
What happen to your cleanliness.?

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Meandkids2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Meandkids2013,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are deeply sorry for the experience you had with the room accommodations you received and the service you had did not live up to your expectations. We have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details regarding your stay. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The front desk was extremely helpful. I especially liked the young breakfast server, easy to talk to and gave me and my girlfriend great advice on where to go to have a great weekend. The reason this holiday inn express is so good is because of its great staff.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Anthony P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff takes pride in exceeding guest expectations. We thank you for choosing to stay with the IHG brand and hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you.
Redondo Beach
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Stayed two nights to attend a conference. Second night the room next door had some kids that turned up TV and speech levels to max at 10:30 PM. The "kids" were not arguing or drunk. Just kids being kids. But I needed to get some sleep. Staff moved me to another room in a heart beat. The staff's attitude was of true concern for my needs. You cannot pretend to care - People will know. They really cared! I cannot speak highly enough about this hotel and yes I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: I would ask for 4th floor... Personal choice...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Anthony P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
I happy to hear that the staff was so attentive to your needs. I will pass your comments along to the front desk. I have heard only good things about our staff and your comments are a bonus. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you in the future.
Bolingbrook, Illinois
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The front desk clerks were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a good location and was clean and well kept. Breakfast was awesome. The biscuits and gravy were so good as well as the bacon. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Anthony P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy that you had the chance to eat the hot breakfast buffet. We hope to see you soon in the near future.