Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa
Good 3.5/5
Average 3/5
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnorth of san diegohi expressclean place to stayconstruction workerschili's restaurantwould stay here againquiet locationbusiness centerfree breakfastcoffee makerstayed two nightshotel is greatfresh fruitair conditionerfreewaydennysrenovation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Not a bad hotel for the price. On the same level of the country in that they share a parking lot. People are friendly and the hotel is very clean. Sit in the parking lot of Chillies if you need a quick meal.

Room Tip: Good business hotel. Breakfast is okay not as good as country inn.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Sully C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear rparmig,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay!

We are happy to hear that you found our customer service to be excellent. We expect no less from the best front desk team in Mira Mesa!

We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Warm regards,

Sully, Front Desk Supervisor

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

This holiday in was clean and the staff friendly. In general I felt like the hotel was a bit dated. Breakfast is okay if you like microwaved eggs from a bag that may still be a bit slimy. I would stay here again, but it probably won't be my first choice.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Sully C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear dofromkc,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay.

I am pleased to announce that later this year we will begin major renovations that will include a whole new "look", a brand new pool, fitness center, and great room, among other things.

We hope to be your host once again,

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Staff is friendly but not the most competent. Checked in, opened room door and room was not clean - even though front desk had called housekeeping and confirmed it was ready. Had other minor issues with reservation details not well handled by the front desk. Several carpet stains in room, but otherwise clean overall. Elevator has sign inside that it has not been inspected in the last year. Once on second floor, sign outside elevator says to limit to 6 guests. Typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast that is more than adequate (pancakes, bread, yogurt, bananas, eggs, sausage, cinnamon rolls, etc.). Located near several restaurants (including Denny's next door). Would stay again only if coming back for same event as it was perfect location. Would try Comfort Suites next door but heard they are under the same management.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank hiker1111
Sully C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Hiker1111,

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay.

We pride ourselves in giving the best service in Mira Mesa. Clearly, you had an expirience that did not reflect our spirit of service.

I have already had a discussion with our head of housekeeping regarding your room mix up. The room we had prepared for you was not the room you walked in to, and we are sorry about that.

I' glad you enjoyed our "breakfast of champions" as I like to call it. It really evokes it's name as a "Smart Start". we are so happy you enjoyed it.

Regarding your concerns about our elevator, first let me say that the elevator was in fact inspected in April of 2013. Because the safety of our guests is very important to us, three months before our elevator certificate was to expire, in January of 2014, we contacted the Department of Industrial Relations to request an inspection. We are waiting for that inspection.

We hope for the chance to host you again,

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Staff were very friendly and rooms were nice. Stayed there 4 nights while visiting family. My last day there no one cleaned my room. They claim it was because that night was used with my points and figured I checked out. I still would have assumed they would have needed to clean it after I checked out. The elevator has not been inspected since November of 2012. It had a letter posted inside to show they wrote to request an inspection, but still had not been done.

Stayed: May 2014
Sully C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear kuupio59

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay.

We are thrilled to hear that you were happy with our staff and rooms. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service in Mira Mesa and we are glad you noticed!

However the fact that your room was not serviced when it should have been is not acceptable and this specific instance has been addressed by our housekeeping department.

Take care, and we can't wait to host you again,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel and was very pleased. The staff was courteous and friendly. They were very helpful in terms of providing directions and gas stations and so forth. The rooms were clean and overall had a good stay. The pool area could use some sprucing up. The breakfast buffet is free and the food was tasty with a decent variety of items.
The reason why I was disappointed with the hotel is when my uncle woke up to a naked man standing in his room, the hotel did not immediately call the police. They knew the man to be a hotel guest and they gave an excuse about how the door must not have been closed all the way or due to the heat, the doors malfunction or something like that. Thankfully no one was hurt but I felt that the hotel did not do a good job handling the situation. Not sure if I will return do to the safety concerns.

Room Tip: This is a great location. Located right off the highway and close to shopping and eateries.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cylantro
Sully C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Cylantro,

First off I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Also, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay.

While a tasty breakfast, clean rooms and friendly staff are the norm here at The Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa, the security issue you experienced is absolutely not. The incident is under investigation. On behalf of the entire team, please accept our apology.

We hope that you may choose to give us another chance to exceed your hospitality needs in the future. A chance to be perfect.

Warm regards,