“Great Staff, yummy breakfast!”

Rodeway Inn San Diego Near Qualcomm Stadium
Ranked #136 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Hanford, California
“Great Staff, yummy breakfast!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

When we made our reservation for this hotel, we asked if we could please get our room next to the room of the other guests we were traveling with. AND they did that for us with no problems at all.
The room was adequate and the beds were comfortable. The carpet needed to be cleaned as my feet got dirty from walking on the carpet.
The breakfast was very good. Lots of people eating and they made sure to keep the food stocked so that we all got the whole menu.
The staff was very accommodating and friendly. the hotel was quiet. I would definitely consider staying here again on our nest trip to San Diego.

Room Tip: I had to do a load of laundry while I was staying there. The laundry facility is on the back side of...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Hebrew first
North Tonawanda, New York
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed here with 3 children, a 9 year old and 2 7 year olds and it was great. Clean, central and super helpful staff both at the front desk and housekeeping. The free breakfast saved me a lot and the coffee in the room was great!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Castro Valley, California, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed here for two days and had no problems. The breakfast was very good. We couldn't ask for more choices on the list. The location off the 8 was perfect for us and centrally located. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Alan Q
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Excellent stay, stayed here for one night and the room was of high quality. The room's bedding s were great quality and great value. Would stay here again here, close to the San Diego zoo aswell. Breakfast was great too.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DAL300
Lake Havasu City, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Pratik was extremely friendly,helpful, a good communicator. I am having to travel weekly for school, and stay overnight for the next three months. I was obviously looking for something reasonable, which is hard to find in San Diego, unless it is a complete dump which I have experienced on hotel circle multiple times. The location was a few exits east of Mission Valley, and in traffic that isn't convenient but the room was far superior to the rooms I have stayed in on hotel circle at the same price point. I didn't here any street noise, my room was clean and among what seemed to be college dorm like apartments across the street which worried me at first, but was fine, no problems at all. So I found it to be a good value, and I am pretty picky. So my only complaints would be that there was no lamp on the bed side table, and I like to read in bed, and a few stains on the carpet...but nothing to write home about. Beds and Pillows comfortable, no degenerates roaming around outside and decent complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Tina F
Arizona
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Booked this hotel as a last minute resort to stay close to Qualcomm Stadium. The hotel is very close to Qualcomm and I was able to drive a short 5 minute drive from the hotel to the Trolly parking lot. The Trolly was fantastic considering it took us less then 10 minutes to arrive to Qualcomm and we didn't need to worry about the crazy parking at the actual stadium. The hotel was clean and well maintained. The hotel location although convenient for the purpose of my trip was very awkwardly located in the middle of nowhere. Apart from that the price was great and I think I paid for what i got!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank DuarteL
California
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Picked this place because it was near the starting line of a half-marathon I was participating in that weekend. I didn't expect much, but was pleasantly surprised by the accomodations. My room was very clean and the amenities were all in excellent condition. The complimentary breakfast was perfect after my race and the pool was clean and refreshing for the summer weather. The only complaint I can think of would be the stairs. On one set of stairs, the top step was taller than usual and would make for the occaisonal awkward stumble on the way up.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo