“Glad we choose this hotel”

Rodeway Inn San Diego Near Qualcomm Stadium
Ranked #147 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 10 August 2014

my husband and I stopped here for one night to attend a concert at Cal Coast. The outside is super misleading. The room inside looked like a 4 star hotel. The staff was quite friendly, prompt and nice. We would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank GangsterKim50
Pratik S, General Manager at Rodeway Inn San Diego Near Qualcomm Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for your recommendation!

There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn San Diego Near Qualcomm Stadium

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

a friend and i stayed here and had a great time. the hotel room was nice, big and clean! we had nice accommodations and appreciated having a mini fridge as we were on a roadtrip trying to save money. just be careful as there are two rodeway inn's in san diego and we went to the wrong one first. would definitely stay again!

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank helenzelaya5
Pratik S, General Manager at Rodeway Inn San Diego Near Qualcomm Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you for your review. My staff and I are happy to hear you had a great stay. There are several Rodeway Inns in San Diego and I'm glad we are on top of your list! We hope to see you back soon.

Pratik Shah

Reviewed 30 June 2014

If you are looking for a comfortable, quiet, place to stay at an affordable price this is your place. The room is not huge, but it has a king size bed in it. It also has a fride and microwave. The bathroom is small, but everything looks clean and recently improved. The bed was nice and comfortable and the whole room was clean and nice.The room also has a flat screen TV. Although we didn't use this service, they have several restaurants that deliver to the motel. My son had a basketball tournament at SDSU. We were 5 minutes away from the gym with easy access to the nearby 8 freeway. You are also very close to a trolly service that goes all over San Diego. Although we didn't go in it, they have a pool. It's a small pool, but the kids that were in it at the time looked to be having fun. The free breakfast was also great. The breakfast room is a bit small for everybody, but you can always find a place in the lobby or outside. (We loved the waffle makers.) They also have cereal, muffins, bread, milk coffee etc...everything for that quick breakfast. In summary, I would recommend this motel. I have nothing to complain about this place. The room was nice, the location was great, the service was good, and breakfast was perfect. If you want a comfortable, quiet place to sleep...at affordable price...this is your place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jack M
Pratik S, General Manager at Rodeway Inn San Diego Near Qualcomm Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Hi Jack,

I am happy to hear you had a fantastic stay at our hotel. The staff and I love to hear guests having a wonderful experience during their trip to San Diego. We hope to see you again during your next trip!

Pratik Shah
Genenral Manager

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Great service and perfect for what we wanted. It wasn't huge but we didn't need much space as we weren't in San Diego to be in our hotel room all night. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap, clean, safe room for the night/weekend.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Lisa_marie810
Pratik S, General Manager at Rodeway Inn San Diego Near Qualcomm Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for the review! I'm glad you enjoyed our stay and it seemed like you had a great time in San Diego. See you next time!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Where do I begin! I stayed in this place between May 28th and May 30th. I almost never complain but this is one place I must warn you about. All rooms open to the outside rather than into a hotel lobby for that matter. This part is uncontrollable from the staff and I must have missed it from previous reviewers. Upon entering the room, I notice the night stand next to my bed was filthy but I decided not to say anything and let one slip up go. However, upon going to bed later that night, I noticed one pillow on my side was covered in stains and so was the corner of my side of the bed. Additionally, I noticed the tissue box was almost entirely out. I called the front desk to make sure they changed the sheets and pillow as well as replaced the tissue box resulting in her laughing and she informed me that they change the sheets every day and made sure toiletries were fully stocked. Furthermore, I noticed that the carpet paneling around the in-room Jacuzzi was falling off the wall and informed them of that as well. They first asked if we wanted to switch rooms which was my mistake to refuse even though it was 11:30pm at night and we were exhausted. Then, they asked me if they could come and fix it in the morning and I said absolutely which they did in fact do. They made me feel as though what I was asking for was ridiculous because of it being common industry practice that they change the sheets every day. Thus, I felt confident that they would in fact change them and replace the tissue box.

The next day when we came back to the room, I noticed that not only did they not change the sheets and pillows but rather remake the bed and did not replace the tissue box. Further, they did not clean the filthy night stand. After I used the Jacuzzi my second night, I grabbed one of the towels conveniently placed next to the Jacuzzi and began to dry myself only to find a big brown spot on it. When I went to take a shower, I noticed the shower curtain was also filthy. Honestly, at that point I was certain that the carpet was the cleanest thing in the room. I went to the front desk the next morning upon checking out and informed the front desk person about how nothing from my call was accomplished and informed her of all the other issues. Her response to me was that there was a language barrier with the employee and thanked me for informing her. She did absolutely nothing more for me and I doubt anything will be changed considering what happened the first night's phone call and nothing being done for the second day. Luckily, we had our 2nd two nights booked with Hampton Inn Kearny Mesa which was as usual a night and day difference in comparison, plus they have a fitness center which this Rodeway Inn does not. On the Choice Hotels side, I would definitely recommend staying at a Comfort Suites any day compared to this one which does have an almost equally delicious breakfast only slightly better and is much cleaner as well as more attentive to accomplishing their every day job. Granted this hotel was more budget friendly than Hampton Inn, but for $8 less and having a Jacuzzi boy do they make you pay for it.

Room Tip: Inspect the room from the bottom up before heading out for the evening.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mondo980
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Good price, good rooms and good service. The breakfast is also very good. I have nothing bad to say about my stay there. It was just the place I was looking for to relax a little bit while I was on a road trip.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank ThaisT4
Pratik S, General Manager at Rodeway Inn San Diego Near Qualcomm Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

My staff and I appreciate your review and the compliments you gave our hotel. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was a little nervous due to the mixed reviews but it was a good experience. The room was clean and there was very little noise, with the latter may be due to being on the 2nd floor. When I turned on the AC initially it was weirdly muggy but became better a few hours later. Not sure I dug the smell too much which I think it was due to whatever they used to clean the bedding and/or the room, but at least it wasn't stinky from cigarettes or uncleanliness. I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014
Pratik S, General Manager at Rodeway Inn San Diego Near Qualcomm Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you soon!