Ocean Beach Hotel
US$288
US$252
  • Pool
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$240
Official Site
US$652
HardRockSD.com
  • Restaurant
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
US$378
US$203
ParadisePoint.com
  • Pool
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$224
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$190
  • Restaurant
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$256
US$224
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Pacific Terrace Hotel(San Diego)
US$423
  • Beachfront
All reviewsob hoteldog beachnewport avewithin walking distancerooms are smallfarmers marketthird floorrestaurants and barsocean frontdirectly across the streetgreat roomthe san diego areala jollasurfersbumspetsmicrowave
Reviewed 19 June 2014

2 weeks ago I specifically flew in for a quick 1 day trip from Arizona to come see the hotel. I was looking for somewhere reasonable and by the beach that I could go to be on vacation with my dogs. I wanted to come and see the hotel and location before I actually drove myself and brought my dogs in case it wasn't all it was cracked up to be in other reviews - I COULDN'T have been more pleased!!!! The location is FABULOUS!!! The staff were friendly, the rooms were clean, and the beds were really comfortable. I can't wait to plan a vacation with my dogs soon for later this summer. This place is perfect for people with dogs as Dog Beach really is just a short walk, or at this time of year dogs can be on the beach right in front of the hotel on a leash before 9:00 am, and after 6:00 pm (PS - I did bring my coffee pot through 2 airports since I had read in the other reviews there was no coffee pot in the rooms but available in the lobby - MAJOR coffee drinker so I just brought my own - no problem - Also, a lot of the reviews I read mentioned no outlet in the bathroom - well, we had an outlet, but really??? complaining about an outlet: hmmmm, outlet, great hotel on the beach, outlet, great hotel on the beach... -no outlet necessary in the bathroom in my opinion, but by the way our bathroom did have an outlet!!! I just can't wait to come back with my dogs to enjoy the hotel, the shops in the area, and the beach - it was just beautiful!!! I didn't think to much about taking pictures, was too busy just enjoying the beach and the shops nearby for the short time I was there - but I did share a couple below...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Snoopy T
OBH0TEL, Manager at Ocean Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

YES, SNOOPY T! 5-Star Review and I LOVE IT! I'm so very happy to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your beach vacation here at the OB Hotel and so did your dogs I'm sure! You give some really helpful information in your review like how dog beach is only a few minutes walk away but also that right out front of the hotel you can have your dogs on the beach on leash before 9am and after 6pm. We get that question a lot so I'm glad you mentioned that. We have so much fun meeting all of our guests and that includes the four-legged guests which is why our entire bottom floor is pet-friendly. In fact, OB in general is one of the top rated pet-friendly places in the entire country. Not only do we have dog beach but many of the local restaurants have puppy menus.

Also nice tip on the coffee maker. We make a nice cup of joe in the lobby every morning but that's only until 1pm so if you partake in coffee all day and night (which I do too) then probably bringing a maker is a good idea. But if you ask the front desk to brew a cup after 1pm it's no big deal and we would be happy to do that - just in case that coffee maker takes up too much space in the luggage.

Thank you again for the fantastic review and we can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Ocean Beach Hotel is a small property directly across from Ocean Beach and centrally located within walking distance of many restaurants and bars. While the ocean view room was small, it was always cleaned and re-stocked. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was exceptionally small, but served its purpose for a few nights. Loved the large window overlooking the courtyard and ocean. Free parking is a definite plus!

Room Tip: No fitness center, pool, or elevators on site. Great courtyard. The ocean view rooms were worth the extra $. Dog friendly.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bazul
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Ocean Beach Hotel is located right by the beach and pier... great for a morning walk. There are many shops and restaurants in walking distance as well. The bed was very comfortable and the staff was extremely friendly and considerate. The entire property is well taken care of and clean. There is even a outdoor shower in the courtyard to rinse of your sandy feet before heading up to your room. I highly recommend this Hotel and I can't wait to go back! :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Melissa B
OBH0TEL, Manager at Ocean Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

RADICAL! 5-star review! Thank you so much for the great review, Melissa B., and we can't wait to see you again here at the OB Hotel! We love being in the heart of OB with all these great restaurants around and with the pier across the street. The OB pier is the longest concrete pier on the west coast and indeed, as you said, a fantastic place for a morning walk.

It's great to hear the positive feedback on the beds - we have new Serta mattresses with memory foam toppers - designed for extreme vacation comfort. And thank you for mentioning the recently renovated courtyard space - the prime location for watching the waves and sipping a glass of wine after a long beach day.

Thank you again for your great review and we can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Owned by the locals in OB,'this hotel is well taken care of, and most important, it's very affordable compared to all the other options for ocean front in the area. Plenty of restaurants nearby, make sure you try an Acai yogurt cup- it's the best meal/ breakfast food I had there. Front desk people are super nice too!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank johannaa704

RIGHT ON! 5 Star review! We strive for 5 stars so thank you for the fantastic review, Johanna A!

This is a great review as it mentions some of the things that we value most as a business. Yes, we are family owned and operated - when you are talking to the front desk or the gardeners you are also talking to the owners. So we take feedback and customer service very seriously. We want you to have the best beach vacation possible at an affordable price! That is why we have our low price guarantee - if you find a comparable hotel that is ocean front and has the same amenities for a lower price, let us know and we will match that price!

And you found out one of the best local secrets in OB - the Acai bowl at OB Smoothie! Such an amazing meal/treat/healthy breakfast!

Thanks again for your fantastic review and we can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I loved this place. The location is outstanding...across the street from the beach and pier and in the centre of ocean beach restaurants and shops. The rooms are small but very clean and have a funky, beach hut feel. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. There is free parking. The value can't be beat.

• Stayed: May 2014