“Must do!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fun Cat Sailing Catamaran Adventures

Fun Cat Sailing Catamaran Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Daily sailing adventures aboard 2 beautiful ocean going large sailing catamarans. Help sail, or just relax on an afternoon whale watching (seasonal), sunset cruise, or on one of our sailing/sea kayaking combo tours. Our Captains are experienced and friendly, but our catamarans are really the stars of the show. My 1st catamaran "Tigress" is spacious and comfortable, and carries our sea kayaks for our combo tours. My 2nd catamaran "Wind Drum" is the Ferrari of the sailing charters. Very fast, exciting and also comfortable. You can charter one of our catamarans privately, or join in, and pay per person. Small groups insure that our tours are fun and informal. After you come aboard, you will feel like a friend going for a sail with friends. We are very non commercial/touristy, and there are no phone #s or signs on our boats. We focus on quality, not quantity. We are of course Coast Guard licensed Captains with over 28 years experience taking San Diego guests out on the ocean. Catamarans are more fun.
Encinitas, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Must do!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Absolutely loved sailing especially with Rod!

Was very impressed by how clean and well kept the boat was. I know on the website it says snacks are included, but was suprised when i got on and saw fresh strawberries, brownies, grapes, crackers, waters, beers, etc- very nice!

The open trampoline area is very nice- not as large as some i have seen but very comfortable with the amount of people on each cruise!

I loved that he had kayaks- we were able to swim and take the kayaks out when we anchored out in the open water just outside or Coronado Island!

Great for locals, couples, tourists, friends, families, etc.

We had 8 on our sailing trip, us included, so you may have strangers sailing with you unless you had a larger party booking all spots.

Had an amazing day and would absolutely do it again- i have lived here in San Diego for quite a while, but it was nice to see a different part of San Diego!

San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Captain Rod does an awesome job of making sure that everyone has an enjoyable time. He is super professional and the boat is stunning. He took us sailing for an evening with friends to celebrate their wedding the day before and it we caught some June gloom but it didn't matter because we had such a great time.

Newport Beach, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We did a 3 hour sail in June. The skipper really knows what he's doing and has been in the business for years! This was a very pleasant experience; the catamaran was clean, there were snacks and refreshments, there is a bathroom, and the kayaks were a load of fun! Very positive experience and would go again!

Houston, Texas
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Must do- one of my best, relaxing experiences ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I was fortunate that there were still spots available the day I called in to make reservations. Rod informed me that he usually has a max of 6 passengers and since my group was only 4 people, there may be two other people on the catamaran. Not a big deal whatsoever.
We arrived at the marina which is right next to the airport, and were pleased to find out it would just be the 4 of us on the catamaran. Capt Rod gave us a quick overview, tour, and safety points. He had a good variety of snacks and drinks- crackers, strawberries, brownies, champagne, wine, beer, water. He also has Pandora hooked up to the speakers. There is a restroom on board.
It truly was one of the best relaxing experiences I've ever done. We saw dolphins, sea lions, he left us jump off the catamaran and swim for like 5 minutes, gave us some good photo ops with the skyline and sunset.
Very accommodating and fun. My friends wanted to do it all over again the next day.
I would probably do this again and would highly recommend it.

James

Visited May 2014
2 Thank James G
New York
“Exhilarating couples experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My wife's comment summed up this beautiful and enchanting sailing experience while we were on Captain Rod's boat: "I feel Rich!" Haha!

This was truly a five star trip with breathtaking day and night views of the city, the ocean, and not to mention the sea life (amazing encounter with wild dolphins!). Best part was the Captain himself as he was kind and generous and not to mention funny!

Would recommend this to anybody and everybody who are looking for a nice getaway.

Thanks Captain and we look forward to seeing you soon!