“Organized, on time, and very friendly!”

Waterhorse Charters
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Went out on my first trip with Waterhorse to Los Coronados on Friday. Was impressed that they had all my requested rental gear waiting for me in a basket with my name on it. Everything was correct and ready to go. Check-in took no more than 3 minutes and I was ready to go.

Ryan and Anita were very friendly and helpful. Ryan even took us on a short whale watching excursion after spotting a whale on the ride back in the afternoon. Great experience! I'll be back with Waterhorse!

2  Thank preacher31
in 3 reviews
"equipment"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I went diving with Waterhorse Charters this weekend and had a fantastic time with them. We were able to do two wreck dives and the crew was accommodating and efficient.

Everything went to schedule and we even got back a bit earlier than scheduled which was nice. I definitely have to give them 5 stars because I got a bit sea sick during the ride and barfed in their trashcan. They were really great about it and didn't make me feel bad about it at all, just continuously asked me if I was ok.

I would definitely book with them again. Hopefully next time I won't barf on their boat again.

When you get to the dive shop make sure you don't park in the parking lot. It's reserved for commercial fishermen and they will get peeved if you take all the spots and will block you in.

2  Thank CaseyTheTomcat
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Enjoyed an amazing day scuba diving to the ship I once served on. Adam was very professional and knowledgable, guided me to the forward guns and allowed me to explore my old haunt.
Spacious vessel, not overcrowded, and the Captain and crew facilitated all aspects of the journey and ensured safety. Rental gear was top notch. Would highly recommend this tour.

2  Thank crudeunit1
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I would personally like to thank Greg, Anita and Adam for a wonderful time last week on 11/21, 11/22 to the Yukon/Ruby E and Coronado Islands. We had the best time!! Everyone acted in a very professional manner and made the trip extremely fun! Check in was easy, and we were greeted with smiles beginning with Anita in the office to Captain Greg on board. Greg was very detailed about each dive site, what to see and what to avoid. We will definitely be back!! Kris Lewis

2  Thank Kris L
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I was able to get on a Charter with Waterhorse basically "last minute". Ryan was very accommodating and took care of my reservation over the phone and it was easy.

I knew that I was going to be a single-diver on a boat with 18 other divers already signed up and was ready for that. What I didn't know (nor did Ryan at the time) was that this was a group from another location bring two classes of students for training dives. I am an instructor and am very familiar with the logistics of what it takes to run a successful training session so nothing was new there. Unfortunately, I wasn't there for training and wound up being a part of that scene and didn't get to do the underwater sightseeing that I had come to do.

So, bottom line with my experience is that it's no fault of Ryan or Anita - the crew of this particular charter. Generally, they ran a good trip. It wasn't quite what I've experienced when I go to Florida or the Caribbean (and I'm not talking about the water temp). I caught them on a day when the office was officially closed so Ryan and Anita were doing everything from signing people in at the office, gathering rental equipment, checking c-cards and crewing the charter. I think I may have given a rating of 5 if they had had another person there to help so they could have relaxed a little more and we would all have had a slightly better experience.

Not trying to ding them because they did a great job...just saying it didn't quite measure up with other trips I've taken in other locations.

1  Thank Robie L