“Hard cider and fried green tomatoes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Local Habit

Local Habit
Ranked #1,552 of 4,716 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
California
“Hard cider and fried green tomatoes!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Great thin crust gourmet pizzas, but MY favorites are their hard cider and their friend green tomato sandwiches! Busy in the late afternoons and evenings, but a quiet spot at lunchtime. Very friendly wait staff. I believe they feature all sorts of great beers, but I always order the hard cider, which is almost as good as that in Wales! Check this spot out for sure.

Visited February 2014

La Jolla, California
“pizza”
Reviewed 11 February 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Had a great pizza. It was quick and friendly too. I'd go back for sure. The atmosphere was fun and interesting.

Visited January 2014
West College Corner, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Local, good gluten free food”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

"When in Rome, eat like the Romans" is my motto so I found this neighborhood eatery to experience San Diego and its fare. I could not have been more pleased with the atmosphere or food. Some of the best Brussel Sprouts I have ever had - made me cry (Horseradish sauce-really its excellent). The chicken was cooked perfectly and had GF New Planet Off the Grid Ale which is a good beer. Planning on going back Sunday for a GF Po Boy. Being from Louisiana, I love the Louisiana inspired menu and its combinations. Really great experience and didn't feel like I was a tourist.

• Visited October 2013
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Good pizza place”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Went here for a casual dinner while in San Diego. It's a very casual neighborhood restaurant. The menu is limited and though there are some non-pizza items I would suggest sticking with pizza as I did. Lots of beer on draft. The special pizza was bacon with brussel sprout leaves (two of my favorite things). Very excellent crust and they do have gluten free options for all pizzas. My dining companions got gluten free pizza that looked sickly in comparison to my whole wheat. Service was friendly but daffy.

• Visited September 2013
Kitchener, Canada
“Great beers, good food”
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

If you're a beer lover, Local Habit has to be a stop for you while you're in San Diego! The list of nano/micro brewery beers is updated daily, sand features primarily Californian products, although the occasional import creeps in too. If they have Hanger 24 products on the list, the Slow Roll and Tail Slide are spectacular. These beers are aged in bourbon barrels, and the Slow Roll carries more bourbon with it Thant the Tail Slide. Both beers are served in snifters. The Belgian Monkish Habit is a delicious dark beer, with an incredible chocolate overtone. Golden Road's Wolf Among Weeds IPA is a beautiful Californian IPA that you should try if you like IPA's.

Did I mention the food? The food is excellent! Everything is organic and locally sourced. The pizzas are as good as any I've had in Italy, and the salads are wonderful. We had the Black Iron Chicken one night, and really enjoyed it. My only negative comment there is that the entrees are more expensive than I think is warranted. GE chicken w not accompanied by anything, and $15 for a chicken breast, however excellent, seems kinda expensive. This is especially true if you consider that you can add a chicken breast to a salad there for $3.

The atmosphere is great, the service staff really attentive and helpful. Definitely recommend this spot to beer lovers!

Visited August 2013