“Poutine and Beer”

Tiger!Tiger!
Ranked #620 of 4,751 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol
“Poutine and Beer”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I've never been to Canada, so I have no point of reference for a really good poutine, but Tiger!Tiger! has a delicious approximation of one of my favorite Canadian imports. I'd highly recommend the poutine, as would I recommend the Bahn Mi sandwich, the curry fries, and especially the biramisu.

The beer selection is extensive, featuring craft beers from all over the US and some international as well. Tiger!Tiger! and the sister restaurant Blind Lady Ale House both feature the microbrewed Automatic Brewing, which is great. They usually have something on Cask as well.

Though they ask for ID at the door, Tiger!Tiger! allows families and those under 21 in. We frequently see babies on hand while mom and dad socialize with friends. They have a number of non alchoholic drinks as well. The iced tea is especially good.

The line for beer and food in the front of the restaurant can get a bit long. They have an IPA bar on the patio out back for those interested in IPA's who don't want to wait.

Parking is very difficult in this neighborhood. I'd recommend trying down 35th south of El Cajon Blvd next to Vons. We get lucky down that way on occasion. Do not park behind T-Mobile, perhaps even if you're going to T-Mobile, they'll tow you in a heartbeat.

A fun spot, highly recommended.

• Visited April 2014

Stavanger, Norway
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the trek!”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My boyfriend and I left downtown San Diego in search of a less touristy place. I had read about this place, but given that we were staying in La Jolla I didn't think we would make it there. We caught the bus and arrived, not sure what to expect but we are SO glad we went there!

After checked our ID's, and realizing we both had a look of 'what IS this place?' he told us a bit about how it works. We proceeded to order our food after some advise from the bartender who was incredibly helpful and also funny. As per his recommendation, we tried the grilled yams with blue cheese reduction and citrus radicchio and HOLY was it ever GOOD! Easily one of, if not THE best thing we had on our entire trip. We also tried the clam chowder, fennel and citrus salad and a sandwich (exact type has escaped me). We sat outside under the semi-covered patio and had such a lovely time. The whole place has big long patio tables meant for communal dining. They also have a small patio outside but it was too chilly during our visit.

All in all this place is seriously amazing! We loved that it had a hipster vibe to it and it looked like it was filled with locals, and not tourists (locals know best!) and would highly recommend this place to anyone. 100% worth taking the bus 20 minutes out of our way to get there!

• Visited March 2014
San Diego, California
“Great Food & Beer, Great Vibe!”
Reviewed 14 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Automatic Brewing Company's beers are featured here bc it's owned by the same owner as Tiger Tiger and Blind Lady Ale House. As of now, I've only seen Auto's beers pour at those 2 places. They also have good beer selections and special events like "Barrel Aged" night, where they feature BA'd beers. Don't miss the Pork Belly Banh Mi, while not a true Vietnamese banh mi sandwich, their take on this is phenomenal. Get it with a basted egg and extra pate! Pair that with Truffle Parm Fries. Desserts rotate and have rarely been disappointed. Oven fired food, great vibe from its patrons and workers, you can't miss! I've seen families here with little ones during the day, cyclists after their ride on Sundays. Oh, and did I mention that Brunch here is great? Steak & Egg sandwich, homemade donuts paired with a stout! Drool! Source of reference: Me, bc I'm a regular and live a few blocks away.

Visited October 2013
“Sunday Brunch!”
Reviewed 7 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Sunday brunch was delicious! The food was top notch, and the choices were fun & different comfort foods. My friend and I ordered the wood-fired yams (lightly tossed in butter & brown sugar) and the steak & egg sandwich. Possibly one of the best steak sandwiches I've ever had! Focaccia bread, parmesan, aioli, arugula, and perfectly cooked tender thin steak slices. We aren't beer drinkers, but the beer menu is loaded with local & great choices. If you are inclined to get a casual brunch away from the typical crowded places, check this place out!

Visited November 2013
“beer”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

A great place to go and have a beer in the evening time. There is not much of a view but the atmosphere is chill and very laid back. The food is good even though they took some cool items off the menu. The fries are excellent. I am not much for fries but these tasted very good. Sandwich was good but the fries were even better. The beer selection is very good with many rotating beers. They sometimes carry beers brewed by their sister location over at Blind Lady Ale House. These are small batch brews so when they are gone, they are gone. They have beer flights of visiting breweries so it is different whenever you go here. I am not a big fan of bench seating. I know the idea is to meet new people but it makes it hard when you meeting a large group friends with no reserved seating. Overall a great place to go after work and have some beers.

• Visited August 2013