“Second time at a Staybridge. Excellent excellent excellent.”

Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area
Ranked #129 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 19 September 2013

It has been a few years since I have had the fortune of staying at a Staybridge Suites. Their rooms are big with comfy couches, cable tv, free wifi, full-size fridge, microwave, dishwasher, cooktop, and placesettings for 2-4 people. I used their fitness center, which had newer equipment and a TV to keep my workout interesting. Their free breakfast is also awesome.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank joepoid

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I have been at Staybridge suites, Rancho Bernardo, San Diego for three weeks now. I am a long way from home and I am having a thoroughly enjoyable time here. The reception staff are awesome, in particular Jason, Brad and Pete. The staff are all very pleasant and accommodating. Rosa, who cleans my room every day, leaves me a sweet note and a chocolate. Reception staff will do anything from extra pillows to ordering my home delivered pizza. If I like I can cook in my room, which is lovely. After work I relax and swim in the pool. If I want to go shopping at Costco, Scott the manager gives me his card. They also have a shuttle service, and will take you anywhere. It is well situated for shopping, coffee and restaurants!
Couldn't recommend this place more highly! Well done!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Shyla B
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I stayed here for one night and my experience matched several other guests. While the hotel looks great aesthetically and well furnished, there are some hidden problems.

I, too, got bitten by fleas. I, too, found fleas and saw it with my own eyes. It was a one night stay, so I didn't make a big fuss.

The other strange thing happened, which is surprising and very unusual - the water was boiling hot. I know this sounds crazy because most people complaining about cold water. I tried to shower in the morning the water was literally crazy hot. I thought maybe the hot/cold sides are swapped on the faucet but no, if I turn towards hot from the midposition, the water became nearly boiling hot. i could have brewed coffee with the water straight out of the faucet. I end up running both the tub faucet and sink faucet, along with the kitchen faucet to flush out the excessively hot water. It took what felt like 5 solid mins of running the faucets to get the water down to a manageable albeit still very hot temperature.

Getting a flea bite and then a partial burn is not a good way to end the stay. The extra star is earned by a nice well equipped gym and the free laundry room.

Room Tip: You should bring some flea sprays or at least a tube of hydro-cortisone anti-itch cream...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank knowmyhotels
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear knowmyhotels,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and superior accommodations. We sincerely apologies for the problems you experienced in your room. Rest assured that this isn't reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves. The feedback we receive from you enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. You can be confident that the hotel management will take necessary actions to improve our guest experience.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We enjoyed a four-day stay over Labor Day at Staybridge. It was conveniently located to family we were visiting. Four adults shared a two-bedroom suite. Room was clean and spacious with a full kitchen which we used. Each bedroom had its own full bath which kept everyone happy. Morning breakfast was quite extensive and good. All requests were responded to quickly. I was hoping for a spacious room at a clean, extended stay property with a good breakfast and that's exactly what we got! Definitely would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank sstrauss51
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This hotel reminds me why I love Staybridge Suites Hotels. Great service, strong attention to detail inside & out, and the free breakfasts & social receptions are terrific! Great location to where I needed to be for work & play

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank ToddT123
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Went to my 30 year HS reunion and needed a place to stay. This is one of the best places I have been to. The staff was very friendly & personable. The suites were very spacious and updated. Enjoyed the breakfast and dining area. Love the location. Also a special little note from Robert about my stay hit the spot. Way to go Staybridge!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank marlene t
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I went on a big family trip (6 of us in total), half of us were going to comic con and the other half were sight seeing. This was a perfect location for everything! We were about 15-30 mins drive away from every attraction we wanted to see and the 2 room suite with kitchenette was perfect to keep everyone happy. The free hot breakfast worked for everyone except the vegan in the family and we were happily surprised by a free hot breakfast 3 nights out of the week! We would definitely stay here again! My only complaint is that housekeeping never gave us the right amount of bath towels, so every night I was calling the front desk for more which they always brought to the room right away!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family