We choose Staybridge Suites specifically for the location and previous reviews. We usually stay at a Marriott or Hilton Vacation club locations because of the needed size and space. However in San Diego these options are few if any. And our favorite locations in SD are either in the Gaslamp or Marina area. For this trip, we were in town for our daughter's softball tournament which was going to be held at Kit Carson Park Escondido and again Quality hotels in this area are very limited. Because of the great reviews of Staybridge we decided to try it out since it was a quick freeway drive about 10 minutes away from the park. We were very pleased with our choice.
We had a 2 bedroom suite which consisted of a master bedroom with a king size bed and bath and an additional bedroom with a queen bed and bath, TV's in each room in addition to living and dining area and small kitchen. I really had nothing bad to say about the space. In fact I really loved the layout which was very different to the usual 2 bedroom suite layouts which IMHO made better use of a smaller space without leaving out or missing anything. Beds were extremely comfortable, wifi, dvd player in rooms, Kitchen utensils etc.. I feel 199.00 per night for our stay that weekend was a great value for this type of suite in SD.
The surrounding area is business and residential. Its tucked away from a couple of medical buildings on a culdasac. But don't let that deter you its a quiet and pretty area with lots of trees and a nice pool and BBQ area. seriously you wouldn't even know your there amoungst businesses. Across the main road there's a Costco if your stay is long and need supplies. Also, there's a Claim Jumper restaurant that we enjoyed which is in the same shopping center across the street. We also took a quick drive to beautiful Torrey Pines State bech which was a quick trip on Ted Williams freeway a straight to the beach.
The Hotel looks to be pretty new and the decor warm and inviting we didn't get a chance to try out the snacks they offer during the week but we did try the complimentary breakfast which was actually very good. Nothing fancy but better than I expected. they also had washer and dryer facilities and business and excercise facilities. The only thing they lacked in this area was an Ice macine which I think they should have. I guess because most rooms have a refrigerator with an ice maker but that takes a while to get going. They were kind enough to get ice from their pantries to fill many families Ice chests and ours as well and I thought that was great customer service. Along those lines there were many times thru-out our stay that some person in the staff genuiely offered help. Weather it be for directions, help carrying bags, assisting to make sure everything was ok. I haven't seen this type of consistent staff service in a long time!
if you need to stay a bit further north of downtown and you need the space I would highly recommend this nice place, the Staybridge suites!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Staybridge Suites - San Diego Rancho Bernardo Hotel is the favorite extended stay hotel in the Rancho Bernardo Area. We offer free high speed internet access in every guest room and daily complimentary buffet breakfast! Our all suite hotel offers studio, one bedroom and two-bedroom/two bath suites. Each Suite features fully equipped kitchens, including microwave, 2-burner stove top, dishwasher, ice maker and coffeemaker, perfect for any extended stay. The Staybridge Suites - Rancho Bernardo has spacious suites featuring separate living and work areas as standard amenities. Each suite has a direct dial phone number, two phone lines, speaker phone, voice mail, data port and free high-speed Internet access. We also have on site 24 hour business center, Bridgemart convenience store, fitness center and free laundry facilities. Our outdoor heated pool and sport court are available year round. Complimentary shuttle service is offered within a 5 mile radius of the hotel, Mon. - Fri. 8am - 7pm. The Staybridge Suites - San Diego Rancho Bernardo Hotel is conveniently located adjacent to Northrop Grumman and Scripps Hospital. In addition our location provides great access to all of the companies that call Rancho Bernardo home. These companies include Sony, Lockheed Martin, BAE Systems, SAIC, Hewlett Packard (HP), NOKIA, Pulse, Siemens, NCR, Intel, Delta Designs and many others. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotel.de, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area Hotel San Diego
- San Diego Staybridge Suites