All reviewsbasketball courtstay bridgecarmel mountain ranchfull kitchenwashers and dryersfree breakfastsmall kitchenfreeway accessliving areasafari parkown bathrooman excellent place to stayevening receptionsocial hourkids loved the pooltwo nightsthe hotel is conveniently located
Reviewed 24 August 2017

We've stayed at this hotel before and have always enjoyed our stays. The breakfast is great, the evening receptions are good and the rooms are clean and roomy. The location is great with good freeway access and close to many shopping and dining options.

Unfortunately, we arrived after dark and were given a room on a very far side of the hotel. This was not a problem, but it would have been nice if the front desk had mentioned that the noise from the business construction across the street would be starting very early in the AM. It was loud and obnoxious and ruined any potential for undisturbed rest. Needless to say at that point it would have been more of a hassle to change rooms and therefore had to be endured though the next morning before we checked out.

I like this hotel, but as a long time IHG Platinum member better communications from the front desk about the neighboring construction would have been greatly appreciated. Perhaps this room would have been a better fit for someone staying on a business trip with a schedule more in-line with the construction. Very disappointing, especially when I arrived with better expectations based on previous visits.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Hi luv2takepics,

Thank you for your candid review and for staying with us. We strive to provide the best possible experience and it is great to read from our guests on how we are doing. We're glad to learn you are a regular visitor at our hotel. We apologize your recent stay was greatly impacted by the outside noise. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Again, many thanks for your feedback. We value your loyalty with IHG and look forward to hosting you again.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

The company I started working for reserved a room for me during my temporary housing.

The location is very well situated to a large outdoor shopping mall and a Costco warehouse and plenty of restaurants to choose from

The rooms were okay with all of them arranged in suites. The breakfast and appetizers in the evening were a nice benefit and somewhat of a variety so the choices weren't stale to the palate.

Everyone working there were nice and helpful.

The worst part of the hotel are the hallways which usually smelled, most likely from the many pets (dogs) that were staying on the property. There only advice I would provide is to sanitize and put some fresheners in the hallways

Overall, there property is a decent place to stay though the price can be high at times.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

This is by far the best accommodation I have stayed throughout the 15 years or so on my business travel. The value I received way beyond the price I paid. Excellent service and very friendly peoples all around the hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights for a zoo trip and was very pleased. The rooms are suites which is very handy for a family. The location is a drive to both the zoo and safari park but convenient to both.
The breakfast was good and had plenty of options, mostly ones you would expect at a hotel breakfast.
There is a Costco within walking distance and you can order food without being a member which creates a very affordable dinner option. Hello $10 pizza and $4 salad!
Staff has all been friendly and parking is plentiful. Pool is warm. Has a half basketball court and an outdoor firepit area.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Shannon-in-ca
Reviewed 31 May 2017

We had a King suite which consisted of a small kitchen, living area and then double doors into a bedroom and bath. I loved having the ability to have some privacy since my husband and I adjusted to west coast time differently. For the most part we really enjoyed our stay but there are a few things that could be improved. I'm not a clean freak but the bathroom vent fan cover was so covered with debris that when we tried to hit it with a small towel it looked like it was snowing. In defense of the mgmt. we contacted them and they had it cleaned almost immediately. The breakfast buffet has many varied items and they seemed hot and fresh but on the weekend it was so incredibly crowded that you couldn't maneuver around the buffet let alone find a seat. Again it wasn't too big of a problem and we just grabbed something when we went out. The staff is very friendly and goes out of their way to greet you when you are entering or leaving. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family