“Great Place To Stay w/ (or w/o) Your Pet”

Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area
Ranked #132 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 1 June 2010

I had to find a place to stay in Rancho Bernardo that took pets, but wasn't a hole. This place is a 5 star resort. Not only that, but they don't gouge you for the pet's stay. Most places want to charge you a $75 non-refundable deposit!! Non-refundable?? If my dog didn't damage the room, why can't i have it back?? Anyhow, this place charges an additional $15 a night charge. Very reasonable.

We stayed in a queen suite, which included a small kitchen area w/full sized fridge, stove top, microwave, dishwasher and sink. More than adequate for me. There was also a coffee pot and toaster, dishes, flatware and pots and pans, so the kitchen is very usable. Lots of pillows and a pull out couch. The bed was very comfy. The room was very clean.

The front desk called me about an hour after i arrived to make sure everything was to my liking. Nice touch, i thought. I can't remember the last time that happened.

The property itself is really family friendly w/outdoor sport court, pool and BBQ's!! Laundry room that is complimentary, except you need detergent and dryer sheets which they conveniently have in their 24 hour kiosk that has snacks too!! Free breakfast, but i didn't get to check it out 'cuz i had to leave before it was opened...but it smelled good as they were getting it ready. There is a great room off the reception area and i believe i saw some computers to access the internet.

My rate was a bit high, but i booked the day before my arrival so i really can't complain. The only down side here is it's far from everything. You definately need a vehicle as you couldn't really walk to anything. I did see they offered a free shuttle w/in 5 miles, but i didn't use it so i can't comment.

You won't regret staying here.

• Stayed: May 2010

Reviewed 30 May 2010

I just have to say I highly recommend this facility. There were NO bedbugs. Rooms were very clean and spacious, the staff was friendly and knowledgable, the breakfast and sundowner was better than I expected, the parking was ample. Everything we wanted was here except a hot tub.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank mrs_debe
Reviewed 25 October 2009

I stayed in room 321 at Staybridge Suites in Rancho Bernardo., CA. I was bitten close to 80 times all over my body. My boss who stayed in the same room after I left, was bitten as well. He found a bed bug and showed it to the front desk attendant. They have yet to give me a full refund and have not even had someone inspect the room since this happened last week. The manager I spoke to was so nonchalant about the matter when I spoke to him. On top of being bitten and having experienced a bad reaction to the bites, we are now having to deal with the transport of the bugs to our home. I am disappointed with the way management handled mine and my boss's complaint .

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
11  Thank buggingout
Reviewed 3 October 2009

WE loved our stay at the Staybridge Carmel Mountain the breakfast was great. We enjoyed the happy hour when we got home from our days at Lego-land or Sea World
they have a cook out on Wed. evenings. the staff is great and so very helpful. We are
now booking for another stay in Oct. for fall break Lots to do in the area with the
grandchildren. We have stayed in Staybridge in New York and Washington DC area
those hotels offer a full meal on Tues Weds and Thurs evenings having different local
restaurants cater so the price includes breakfast and dinner on those nights.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank momladybarbara
Reviewed 30 September 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights while visiting relatives. We treated ourselves to a large suite and it was absolutely quiet and comfortable. We enjoyed the cocktail hour during the week, with free drinks and a light dinner. The staff is very helpful and upbeat and even the guests walk around with smiles on their faces. This hotel has a very positive vibe! I left my cell phone charger in the room and when I got home there was a message from the hotel that they'd found it and were mailing it to me. How often does that happen?

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2009

We stayed at a Staybridge in Orlando a couple of years ago and always wanted to try it again. This location did not disappoint. The rooms were big and clean. The air conditioning was awesome. The free breakfast buffet was really good. You actually can be pretty creative with the options of food given. The pool is not big, but it was nice and refreshing. Lots of cable TV choices, 3 ESPN options on College Football Saturday made a difference. The beds were a little stiff. But overall, we would comeback to this location the next time we are in the San Diego area. The staff was great at the beginning and the end.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2009

We choose Staybridge Suites specifically for the location and previous reviews. We usually stay at a Marriott or Hilton Vacation club locations because of the needed size and space. However in San Diego these options are few if any. And our favorite locations in SD are either in the Gaslamp or Marina area. For this trip, we were in town for our daughter's softball tournament which was going to be held at Kit Carson Park Escondido and again Quality hotels in this area are very limited. Because of the great reviews of Staybridge we decided to try it out since it was a quick freeway drive about 10 minutes away from the park. We were very pleased with our choice.
We had a 2 bedroom suite which consisted of a master bedroom with a king size bed and bath and an additional bedroom with a queen bed and bath, TV's in each room in addition to living and dining area and small kitchen. I really had nothing bad to say about the space. In fact I really loved the layout which was very different to the usual 2 bedroom suite layouts which IMHO made better use of a smaller space without leaving out or missing anything. Beds were extremely comfortable, wifi, dvd player in rooms, Kitchen utensils etc.. I feel 199.00 per night for our stay that weekend was a great value for this type of suite in SD.
The surrounding area is business and residential. Its tucked away from a couple of medical buildings on a culdasac. But don't let that deter you its a quiet and pretty area with lots of trees and a nice pool and BBQ area. seriously you wouldn't even know your there amoungst businesses. Across the main road there's a Costco if your stay is long and need supplies. Also, there's a Claim Jumper restaurant that we enjoyed which is in the same shopping center across the street. We also took a quick drive to beautiful Torrey Pines State bech which was a quick trip on Ted Williams freeway a straight to the beach.
The Hotel looks to be pretty new and the decor warm and inviting we didn't get a chance to try out the snacks they offer during the week but we did try the complimentary breakfast which was actually very good. Nothing fancy but better than I expected. they also had washer and dryer facilities and business and excercise facilities. The only thing they lacked in this area was an Ice macine which I think they should have. I guess because most rooms have a refrigerator with an ice maker but that takes a while to get going. They were kind enough to get ice from their pantries to fill many families Ice chests and ours as well and I thought that was great customer service. Along those lines there were many times thru-out our stay that some person in the staff genuiely offered help. Weather it be for directions, help carrying bags, assisting to make sure everything was ok. I haven't seen this type of consistent staff service in a long time!
if you need to stay a bit further north of downtown and you need the space I would highly recommend this nice place, the Staybridge suites!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch
Courtyard San Diego Rancho Bernardo
Radisson Hotel San Diego - Rancho Bernardo
Hampton Inn & Suites San Diego-Poway

Been to Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area? Share your experiences!