“Amazing salads, full bar, nice ambience, okay service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sculpture Court Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating
Seattle, Washington
“Amazing salads, full bar, nice ambience, okay service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

In England, when you go to a museum, the cafe is usually really good. But in the US, I find predominantly fast food, heavy on the microwaveables and fried foods. So I was surprised and happy to find this cafe! Why go to the over-rated, expensive, crowded Prado restaurant when you can go here? It's open air, with a view of the sculpture garden and the California tower and dome. We both had salads and I have to love a restaurant that serves in mixing-bowl size dishes. I hate salads served on little plates, as they usually heap it up and things often tumble off as you eat. Or maybe I'm just a really sloppy eater. Could be. Anyway, I had the strawberry, candied nut, and greens salad with balsamic dressing. Ooh, SO good, and not too pricey, for the amount you get. The service was a little cold, but efficient. I asked for extra bread, assuming there would be a charge and he seemed grumpy with me. He didn't charge, so I'm guessing he thought I was trying to get something for free. Oh well. Anyway, I would definitely go again. It's the only good food in the park, as other museum cafes are the fast-food kind.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Healdsburg, California
“Decent drinks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

Say at the bar, Orderd some Burratta and roasted pepper appetizers along with a couple of drinks.

Enjoyable experience after initial tense vibe from the Host.

Anaheim, CA
“Good food, but service just ok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

The service was lacking but this cafe hired only 2 people, so its not their fault when they get slammed. I came with a large group, knowing full well that it could take 1/2 hour for our food. The waiter was actually pretty quick, and did his best.

We arrived at 11:30, and the tapas was 1/2 off until noon. Stephen and I shared the Charcuterie board (meat and cheese plate) and the marconi almonds. Pretty darn good, and since it was happy hour, we couldn't beat the price!

The waiter was exceptionally nice and split our checks. Nice cafe, and I'd go back... but for Happy Hour.

Visited January 2014
Glendale, California, United States
“Excellent Food & Great Ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

This is the second time that my wife and I have eaten at this cafe; and the food was just as good as the first time. Although I highly recommend the "papas," the burgers, salads, and soups are all superb.

Visited January 2014
United States
“Best food in Balboa Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We had explored the zoo all morning and were glad we had saved our appetite for The Sculpture Court Cafe. It is outside the art museum in a breezy outside covered seating area. The burrata appetizer and olives were a fantastic start and the salads and sandwiches were amazing. The pear and Gorgonzola salad was especially good. Service was on the slow side but we did arrive during a rush of people and enjoyed the opportunity to relax

1 Thank Eat-Sleep-Walk